Sitting on a Mount (Poorly)

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Imukai, May 29, 2023.

1. Imukai Augur

This isn't new but it warrants consideration in fixing one day. There are many (many) mounts where toons don't sit on them vertically. They are rotated about 10-15 degrees off from vertical.

As a matter of game image, the raptor mount you start someone off with if they spend money on a Heroic character upgrade exhibits this behavior. As cool as a raptor is, that janky orientation makes it look pathetic.

I imagine it's going to be blamed on some combination of the avatar skeleton, and mount attachment points and how the models weren't designed to work together.

But I'd still like to sit straight in a saddle one day,
  2. Monkeychunks Augur

I thought it was just Side Saddle like ladies of the royalty used to ride.
  3. Soulbanshee Augur

They aren't going to run over every mount with every model that's available. List the race/illusion and the mount you are coming across or it'll just be ignored.

But, that lean on the bipedal mounts is on purpose because the saddle is not horizontal.
  4. Velisaris_MS Augur

When ToL launched, my ranger on a mount started shooting off to his left instead of straight ahead. He literally turns the upper part of his body to the left and fires his bow. Been that way ever since, no matter what mount I use.

I post about it whenever I see someone make one of these threads, but he still shoots to the left. I get tired of posting and seeing nothing done so I've given up expecting them to fix it.