/sit and /stand

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Accipiter, Jul 21, 2021.

1. Accipiter Old Timer

I want a hotkey that sits me down if I'm standing and does nothing if I'm already seated.

The /stand command works this way but /sit doesn't. If you type /sit while you are seated, you stand up. I've tried "/sit on" and that doesn't make any difference... although "/sit off" will stand you up. But I digress.

Is there a command that will do what I want?
    Brontus likes this.
  2. Elskidor Augur

I think it's time to turn the servers back on.
    Lineater likes this.
  3. Draxiss Darkmare New Member

No, you have to have a hotkey that is /stand /pause 5 /sit or something similiar. I no of no other way to sit down unless you stand first.
    Accipiter likes this.
  4. Accipiter Old Timer

That's sort of what I figured.
  5. Demetri Augur

That's annoying, but it is an answer to the same question I had in the past, but had ignored for a while.

Although I bet the /pause is completely unnecessary in this case.
  6. Accipiter Old Timer

I want to be sure I'm not missing something and it doesn't hurt to ask.

Many don't know about the Stop Action command, for example. One of the best commands in the game. I learned about it in a thread like this a while back. Now if only it had a slash command...
  7. Accipiter Old Timer

I would bet the pause is for that case where you are seated but your client shows you as standing. If you sit/stand/sit too fast it can happen.
  8. Brontus EQ Player Activist

This is a bug. It needs to be fixed. Many of us boxers reply upon this command.

/sit or /sit on

Both should make the player sit, regardless if the player is standing or sitting.
    Accipiter likes this.
  9. Demetri Augur

Servers are up now, so I just tested - doesn't need a /pause
    Accipiter likes this.
  10. Accipiter Old Timer

I just tested it, too. In first person, with no pause, you stand and sit but the sit animation doesn't play (the camera doesn't change to the lower position). Every other view shows the proper animations. Minor, but it annoys me when I think I'm standing but I'm sitting or vice versa. I think I'll put the pause in.
  11. Captain Video Augur

This can also happen (and quite often does) when you are casting the same spell repeatedly, such as for skillups. If you see your toon still standing and try to sit manually, it will interrupt the spell and say it's because you moved. If you do nothing, the spell resolves normally and the game once again thinks you're standing. I've always considered this a bug, but it's been that way since forever.