Since we're all asking about starting stats...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Dafroo, May 17, 2017.

1. Dafroo Journeyman

Can we just consolidate the most optimal starting stats for each class?

I'm looking to start a Troll Shaman, and I'm sure wisdom easily caps after a certain expansion. What stats should I invest in instead?
  2. Semah Augur

A troll shaman?
    Casting torpor on melee DPS. That's a stat.
  3. Rojas82 Journeyman

I would invest in Ogre stat.
  4. Dafroo Journeyman

I did Ogre last time. The stun immunity was nice, but in the late game it didn't help me as much.

Wanna try Troll because Barbs suck. All about the fatties.
  5. Junior00 Elder

Trolls do hurt for wisdom until VT loot pretty much, although mana pool doesn't mean much with Canni. Stamina is likely your best bet.
  6. Rhaage Augur

one of the other threads mentioned using the ranking system on magelo to reverse engineer your character.

1) look at phinny / RF and what they are getting stat wise and which ones are capped.

2) create a manual toon and populate the gear you think you'll see (time geared or not, etc.) and see where your stats end up.
    MaxTheLion likes this.
  7. Tachyon Augur

The simple answer is stamina, unless you are a level-via-charming class, then charisma.

Gear will max your primary stats as you level and acquire class armor from different sources and you can never have enough hp!
  8. Accipiter Old Timer

It doesn't matter (tm).
  9. Green_Mage Augur

I was considering going Troll SK, but then rediscovered my love for Druid. So ill go through the SK and Druid class for now, I love this stuff.

Shadow Knights

Troll

points left: 20

str: 118
    dex: 75
    agi:83
    sta:114
    int:62
    wis:60
    cha:45
    points left: 0

Trolls obviously need intelligence to balance out their melee stats (0 points left, 82 int). Their low Int is the main drawback. Trolls get +11 hp regain while standing at 65. They also get +14 while sitting and +12 while FD. It's hard to compare with this racial advantage IMO. Keep in mind an Innoruuk worshiping Troll with a Guise of the Deceiver can use Neriak like a Dark Elf.

Ogre

points left:20

str: 140
    dex:70
    agi:70
    sta:127
    int:70
    wis:67
    cha:42

Ogres not only have low int, but dex and agi as well. Generally they need to get their agi up to 75 on a new server (to avoid damage mitigation penalty) and put the rest in int (points left 0, 75 agi, 85 int). Unfortunately, 70 dex is pretty bad for class that likes its procs. Its a problem with most SKs, but worst with Ogre.

Ogres cant be stunned from the front. While I think it is very rare for this to happen to SKs at higher levers, some swear by it. For expansions past PoP -- some argue regain is insignificant anyway.

I'm not going to get into the other SK races because l don't think they are as competitive. Pick between putting as much as possible into INT, or trying to round out your melee stats. By Luclin any INT advantage that Dark Elf or Erudite have is done -- and by late game Kunark the gap isn't that big anyway.

I believe Iksar is the best SK race, but they aren't available at launch so I wont get into it.

Druid

Wood Elf

points left:30

str: 65
    dex: 80
    agi: 95
    sta: 75
    int: 75
    wis: 90
    cha: 75

Conventional wisdom is to put points in Wisdom. I admit, that is nice at first. But in the long run, its very easy to cap wisdom even in Vanilla. Charisma is a little more difficult to get on good gear with +hp/mana and effects. Charisma helps noticeably with charming in my experience. So I personally go for Charisma on my Druids, I think charming is extremely powerful and worth it. It has the added bonus of getting you a bit more pp for vendor trash. (Points Left 0, wis 95, cha 100).

Halfling

points left:30

str: 70
    dex: 90
    agi: 95
    sta: 85
    int: 67
    wis: 90
    cha: 50

If you don't care about charming Halfling is the best race to just dump +wis into. If you really want the Halfling +exp bonus and still like charming, you can dump +cha into Halfling and end up with an average amount (Points Left 0, 95 wis, 75 cha). I personally haven't decided between Halfling and Wood Elf. That 25 Cha is good for charming, but halflings get the exp bonus and don't look as feminine. In the long run it should be easy to cap Cha by Luclin.

The other Druid races don't have hide/sneak. The stats of Human are similar to Wood Elf (they both can only get 100 cha). Half Elves have notoriously bad wisdom and are famously made to prove starting stats don't matter.