In Progress since DX11 update, closing laptop puts EQ in a bad state

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by GrandOpener, Mar 29, 2024.

1. GrandOpener Elder

I'm just now reporting this bug, but this started immediately with the DX11 update, and is reproducible 100% of the time.

I have an old Windows 10 laptop that I use for boxing, and I have the habit of leaving EQ running at the character select screen and just closing the lid when I take a break. In Windows, I have "When I close the lid" set to "do nothing" while it is plugged in. (It is plugged in.) Prior to the DX11 update, this worked fine, and whenever I opened the lid the client was there waiting for me.

Since the DX11 update things go like this: prior to closing the lid, EQ is full screen. After closing and re-opening the lid, EQ looks like it is in windowed mode (I can see the title bar at the top, and the task bar at the bottom), but if I move my mouse around the screen to hover over buttons, I can see that there's a significant offset between where my mouse is and where EQ thinks it is. Additionally, hitting alt+enter will change the client to actual windowed mode, where things work correctly again. (Hitting alt+enter a second time will change it back to correctly functioning full screen mode.)
  2. Cairbrae Developer

You're seeing the full screen window while it's inactive. It changes to a restored window size and is inactive, and not hidden. If the first input is ALT+ENTER then you're also switching it to windowed mode.
  3. GrandOpener Elder

Thank you for the response, but I don't think that's the whole story, or maybe I don't understand what you mean by inactive.

If I press keyboard keys, like A and D to rotate the character, the character does rotate, so the window clearly has focus. Additionally if I alt+tab to another window and back again, EQ remains in the broken state with the mouse hover offset from where the mouse actually is.

Also, I want to reiterate that this is new behavior since the DX11 update. It did not happen before that.