Silwat Viltor on Thuliasaur Island

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dbrane, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Dbrane Lorekeeper

Has anybody else had trouble doing this guy's tasks? I don't have any problems with the Elder Dragon part. He talks to me, no problem.

I am on the first of 3 tasks, Aiding the Ailing. I have done all of the steps. They are all flagged done in my quest window. The only step left undone is "Return to Silwat".

When I hail him (using my Elder Dragon chat window) I get:

Silwat Viltor remains silent and still. You understand it may be best not to bother the ancient wyvern until you are ready to report your success.

I can't tell whether this is an elder dragon thing now popping up, or something else, but I have made sure I am using the right language. I have also dropped the task and done it all over, but get the same thing.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
  2. Orbital101 Augur

Its not only from switching your language to elder dragon...Your skill as to be relatively high if not max for him to speak to you.
  3. Dbrane Lorekeeper

I should have been more clear in my original post. My Elder Dragon is at 100. I have no problem talking to Silwat in general. He just won't respond to me now that I have completed all the steps of the task.
  4. CrazyLarth Augur

5. Dbrane Lorekeeper

Ok, haven't really tried that. I tried moving to the other side of him, but wasn't paying attention to how close I was. Thank you!
  6. Goodn Augur

Can confirm that Alla/CrazyLarth is correct as I just did the tasks 2 weeks ago. I did notice that a spot that seemed to work for a barbarian, didn't work for a wood elf exactly and I had to move around ever so slightly until I got him to talk. Once I got the tasks, updates were more forgiving.

I did /bug it after completion (at least I think I did) because I thought it was too penalizing for players who didn't read the Alla comment.
  7. Dbrane Lorekeeper

Alright, I went back after the patch for another try. This time i moved all over the place while spam hailing him. He responds with the same text above, while turning to face me wherever i move. I switched back to common, which got me the "doesn't seem to know what you say" text. Then back to Elder Dragon whereupon I received the previous text again.

I tried the above with just a hail, and also "hail, Silwat Viltor". Nothing works.
  8. Goodn Augur

I noticed on a character when doing the create a golem task from the goblin in Xorbb (RoF), that switching the one chat window to Goblin wasn't good enough...I had to switch all chat windows to make it work.

Assuming you haven't done so yet, I would switch ALL your chat windows to Elder Dragon and try the hail again. If you still can't get a completion, I think your only choice is to /bug and /petition and pray.
  9. Pootle Elder

Switch ALL chat windows to Elder Dragon (just in case)
    Elder Dragon skill must be 90+ (you already ok on this point)
    Make sure you haven't got any form of invis on (not sure is this matters for him but it does some NPCs)
    Move Around a little, probably getting height problems because he is on a steep hill.

I just ran his missions two days ago, on three chars, so I know its working* (*pre-latest patch)
  10. Dbrane Lorekeeper

Sorry to bump this, but i finally figured it out by accident and wanted to post it in case anybody else has this problem.

None of the stuff above worked...tried it all. Gave up for a while, then when i was on Thul island for something unrelated, I ran past Silwat to give it one more try before I deleted the task from my list.

I hailed him and the task reward window came up. The secret to this is to hail him in common, NOT elder dragon. Amazingly stupid that i never tried that before, but there it is.
  11. CrazyLarth Augur

12. Dracnoir-BB New Member

None of the suggestions are currently working for this mob, consistently get the message "Silent and Still"
  13. Kolani Augur

That can't be accurate, I've completed it on Firiona in the past month and I'm not able to hail him in common at all.
  14. Dracnoir-BB New Member

It appears my issue was "I already had the quest", I had acquired the quest before logging off, when I logged in the next day I looked up the quest in my queue filtering by zone, well the quest showed up under Western Wastes. Hopefully this helps others that have that DOH! moment.