Sick of Valley Faction Hits

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Leerah, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Leerah Augur

I am just short of being KOS to farmers and troopers in the Valley of Lunaryn. It's been a week now since rats were on the menu. Is the choice of mobs randomly assigned? I'm boycotting faction hits.
  2. Fendy Augur

I already am KOS to farmers. It hasn't caused any problems so far.
  3. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

If you are kos to the farmers you are skipping something. Aside from a large number of mobs which will increase your faction, I want to say that some of the Valley Quests do too.
  4. lumin Elder

I just had drew the rats quest on sunday.
  5. segap Augur

Or I leveled so quickly through 90-95, I never had a chance to do any of those quests or other VoA zones before moving on to RoF and CotF zones. Doing little more than dailies + lesson burn on Farmers can get you a level in 4-5 days (even with AA turned on at 50%).

That said, faction seems of little value beyond being able to freely move around the zone and not get adds of farmers/soldiers when killing one or the other.
  6. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I haven't done those quests or killed in any zone other than valley in over a year and I am not even close to being KoS. If the few times that farmers come up on dailies then you are killing a lot more than just a set of dailies.
  7. Fendy Augur

Just checked and I lied. Farmers are still threatening to me. But that is enough for them to attack if I get close. /shrug
  8. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

If nothing else, less than one night in CoB will more than fix it.
  9. Leerah Augur

It must vary from server to server then.
  10. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Not really the time it changes is not at midnight is all.
  11. Porterz73 Augur

I don't have a problem being KoS to mobs I kill on a daily basis... Seems only fair that they don't like me much after slaughtering them 5 at a time for a few months.
  12. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Everyone I group with doesn't care at all about faction. I'm the only one who does.

Back in the day, I was the only one in my guild who refused to raid in Plane of Growth, since one faction there can not be fixed. A high elf cleric in my guild became KOS to their own home town cleric leader and I had to tell them there was no way it could be fixed. I had warned them beforehand but either they didn't listen or others told them the factions could all be fixed (they can't).

For many years, SOE made factions in expansions meaningless. Then in Veil of Alaris they mattered again. I was kind of upset that this was done without some huge warnings, as everyone was used to ignoring faction.

However, I believe that most, if not all, of the Veil of Alaris factions can be fixed, so it isn't really an issue. The Pillars of Alra bothered me before I found out you actually can become non-KOS to all four pillars if you want to work on it.

As for the Farmers of Lunanyn, you can fix the faction. See here: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/faction.html?faction=581 for a list of what to kill to fix it.