Shroudmaster's return date?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Leeanni, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Leeanni Elder

Any information on the return time of the shroudmasters? I have a few low level fear shards that need to be turned in.
  2. Leerah Augur

I wanted to shroud to buy new mercs yesterday too.
  3. Kaushi Razorgrin Elder

Wait, wasn't that the point of removing the shrouds? Because they didn't want ppl turning in fear shards not of their level?

Would be nice to have them back tho, really want to test and see if I am simply too high level for this frostfell mission, though technically it should tell me that.
  4. Xnao Augur

Do you really shroud just to save 100pp for a merc?
  5. Leerah Augur

No, I shroud to get a good name and/or hairstyle before settling on one. This is a long-term committment!
    It's just really annoying that they put a timer on dismissing/buying another.
  6. Vouivre Augur

I am not sure they ever discussed why they removed them. Since talking about exploits is against the EULA and they said not to talk about the specific shroud exploit that got them removed I would think they would have deleted the multiple threads talking about using the shrouds to turn in fragments if that was the case.
  7. Kaushi Razorgrin Elder

That is the weirdest reason to use shrouds I have ever heard, but more power to you lol
  8. Leerah Augur

You prolly don't bother to assure that your boots match your gloves either! :)
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Used to do this when you could get different merc skins, trying for a zerbra or pink frog could take a while. Annoyed they removed the choice of colour. :(
  10. Leerah Augur

Oh I didn't know frog mercs came in different colors. I always buy DE men. Just wish I could get a caster in a white SMR. /drool
  11. RaceCondition Augur

I think almost 99% of people (73% of statistics are made up on the spot!) never used them for their intended purpose. It might be awhile before we see them again. :(
  12. Vouivre Augur

That is because they never scaled and even when they were new they didn't really perform well.
  13. Stac Elder

The shroud masters were back in PoK after the patch. Perhaps that's why the servers were taken down again so quickly!

-Stac Attack
    Guild Leader <Defenders of the Rose> Xegony
  14. Diani Augur

Shrouds were invented so you could save your buffs while you were standing in the bazaar, right?
  15. Leerah Augur

So you wouldn't lose pets during patches...? I also used them to work Lxp in lowbie zones like forgotten halls.
  16. Leerah Augur

Shrouds are back on Povar!