Shroud Leveling?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zaxamaphone, May 8, 2014.

1. Zaxamaphone Augur

With the new Gnoll Illusion clicky from the Plane of War Anniversary Mission (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=116790 ) we have the option of leveling shrouds to increase the power of the illusion buff.

Which begs the question.... what is the best/easiest/quickest way to level a shroud (I wasn't around for whichever xpansion had the shrouds)? I have a box crew of level 100 toons (sk, shaman, bard, mage, necro) at my disposal, but the clicky item will first be on my SK.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
  2. wingz-83 Augur

anywhere you would level a 70 or lower toon basically. Take the toon with the shroud and assume they are a bump on a log and pl them.
  3. Zaxamaphone Augur

Will the shrouded toon get xp with a group of 100s? Or do I have to do the old DS power lvl trick?
  4. Orbital101 Augur

Took me a hrs with DS PLing, find a quiet zone with lots of mobs where you wont bother any one and go for it. Lowest the lvl of the shroud, easier it will be.
  5. feiddan Augur

The shroud goes up to level 70. Level 70 characters receive exp while in a group with a level 100.
  6. Zantor Augur

Well gnoll shroud lvl is 5, I just took my toon to crescent reach and maxed his out in a few hours of DS PLing method. But read it is suppose to be a 173 AC upgrade when max, my SK only gets 153 now that it is maxed. /shrug.
  7. Mythaniel Elder

I shrouded to level 5, took a level cleric and used Blood of the Adherrant in the field of bone. It's the viral reverse DS. After about 5 min, just from stuff roaming around almost everything in the bone field area had the reverse DS on them. 1 hit on it and they're dead. Took about 4ish hours.
  8. feiddan Augur

The buff is working fine.

AC buffs give different classes different displayed AC values. Don't worry about it.