Should there be raid-quality chase loot in Empires of Kunark?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by ZenMaster, Sep 7, 2016.

1. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

Should there be raid-quality chase loot, like Magisters and Centurio from CoTF or Buccaneers and Brigands from TDS, in EoK? Does it hurt raiding? Does it help Bazaar and high end transactions? Does it contribute to mudflation? Should raid-quality weapons be excluded? Is there an alternative like introducing rare caster spells or melee tomes? Since the interlude between TDS rares and bags from TBM, how does it feel?
    Miss_Jackie likes this.
  2. MoveFastRZ Bloodsaber

Drives krono sales on current content servers, so I'm guessing they will be in. Anything with the stink of P2W on it doesn't get my vote, but on the other hand I do like anything that gives the non-raiding guy a chance to have an item or two that makes him relevant. So it's a wash, IMHO.
    Ratbo Peep likes this.
  3. Critts Augur

There should be a wider verity of items that drop. Primary, secondary, range maybe even a helm or some other visible with unique graphics.
  4. Brohg Augur

um, those exist. not helm , but pri/sec/range have been part of each set so far of random/veryrare attunable raid items.

Here's the whole list if you need.
  5. Critts Augur

Never seen a shield or bow.
  6. p2aa Augur

I'm against raid gear quality dropping in group content, and especially if this gear is tradable.
    If you want raid gear quality, make the effort to raid.
    If you want to buy raid gear, there is yet a server for it.
  7. Thraine Augur

the 1st 1 items in Brohgs link is a shield and a bow
  8. Hellboy007 Augur

Join FV server.. you get all the raid gear you want. and far cheaper than on normal servers.
  9. Thraine Augur

i kinda feel if you want raid loot, maybe you should have to raid for it
  10. Rhaage Augur

yes, it should.
    Xanathol likes this.
  11. Kutsuu Augur

We all know it's not as good as the actual raid loot is, and doesn't invalidate any raid gear. It's definitely much closer than group gear is, but it's also much harder to attain than group gear. If you really want to get down to it, it's harder to attain than raid gear also, but you don't need to be in a raiding guild and on a raiding schedule to do it... It just gives players more options to attain good equipment.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  12. Dre. Altoholic

Attuneable, no. Plane of War-style? Yes.
  13. Ratbo Peep Augur

It's always raid loot from the PAST expansion.
    So ya - it's a wash and it drives Krono sales.
    You have to raid for current raid loot - that hasn't changed.
    -R
  14. Dropfast Augur

They should definitely do a set this gear again. Even though I agree that most raid quality gear should be had threw raids, this gear is so crazy rare and still not quite as good as the current raid gear. If it had been more common than it was or was just as good, then I would be against it but it wasn't. Obtaining a full set of this gear is not only virtually impossible, but it would also cost someone a fortune to do so. It would also take them probably the entire expansion or longer to get a hole set anyway.

I grind more than 95% people in this game and threw all of CotF and TDS, I only got like 5 of these items to drop. About 3 years and thousands upon thousands of mobs, that's all I got. That's hardly overpowering. As long as the gear is one small step below the best and stays as rare as it was, this gear changes nothing for end game raiders. I

It's also good for the game as a hole as most this type of gear costs people Multi-Krono. Every krono bought helps keep this game going. It's win / win really for all. It's to rare to make any kind of impact on raiders but would certainly make a groupers day when / if they get one. I know if I was a grouper and a near raid quality weapon dropped, it would not only make my day but probably my year. :D I am an end game raider and getting one of these to drop still made my day as it got me a few Krono to help pay for my accounts.

Point is, for those that think this stuff is not OK to drop, Keep in mind this gear has the worst drop rates of anything else in the entire game. I'm talking like 50-100 times more rare than Ancient Cloak of Flames from naggy re-vamp. This stuff is that rare..it will not make any impact what so ever on raiders.
    Miss_Jackie and Sheex like this.
  15. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

I was originally one of those people heavily against it on principle, but now completely agree with what you said and the reasoning. There's more positive things about it than negatives imo, and as long as it's done the same way of CotF/TDS, I think it's a good idea to include and doesn't really hurt anything.
  16. DruidCT Augur

I think I've seen a total of one chase item drop in all my time grouping in cotf/tds/tbm in the past 18 months. I guess I don't sit and grind a ton of mobs very often (task/mission oriented). I never see them in bazaar until they are obsoleted by group gear. So it seems a complete wash to me.
  17. Smokezz The Bane Crew

It's exactly the same as an item from the previous expansions raid loot. It's not even remotely close to group gear.

As for the question? I used to think it was a terrible idea, but after seeing it in play for a long time now... it really doesn't matter.
    Elricvonclief and Ratbo Peep like this.
  18. Raynard Augur

It'd be even better if they included some way to exchange between them. Like in UF maybe, crush two weapons to trade for the one you want. Although I would prefer a direct 1 for 1, or 1 + plat for 1.

So rare and so many makes it nigh impossible to get the one you want (especially weapons).
  19. Ratbo Peep Augur

Ya but a "rare loot" NPC that would swap gear might hurt Krono sales.
    They would rather you sell it for 5 Krono, than to actually wear it anyway. :D
    -R
  20. Raynard Augur

It could drive prices up on average though, since any random item could be traded for the exact one the buyer wants.