Shorter duration exp potions or stack them with Lessons.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Corwyhn Lionheart, Oct 21, 2023.

1. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Now I don't know how much this effects everyone else. Up front I am saying it is an issue for me but I don't know how many are in the same boat.

I look at 4 hour exp potions and my problem is if I am not playing 4 hours in that day then my I have to decide about whether I want the potion to interfere with my daily popping of Lessons.

I see two options to fix this. Shorter duration potions or stack them with Lessons. It would help me and anyone else who have many days of playing two hours or less a day.

Does this help anyone besides me out there? I dont expect changes just to benefit me but there have been other posts about shorter exp potions.
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Would also love a shorter ~1hr potion for grinding and not feeling like I am "wasting" 1-3hrs of a potion OR lesson by not clicking it off if I don't finish a grind the previous day.
    Scorpo, minimind, Andarriel and 2 others like this.
  3. ForumBoss Augur

this is a good idea, also having raids can waste potions if you don't grind for 4 hours between raid days.
  4. Velisaris_MS Augur

Shorter durations (anything more than an hour seems like a waste) and make all xp potions heirloom.
  5. Barton The Mischievous

Or they could make them in 30m multi charges / doses like the Ceremonial Elixir of Scholarship.
    Scorpo, Windance and Kaenneth like this.
  6. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Actually, a fantastic idea. Same overall duration, consumable in 30min chunks.
    Windance and Kaenneth like this.
  7. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

Given that ive been trying to track down a tradable 4h 100% potion for a couple years now and absolutely hate the 30min duration of most tradable ones, you probably arent the only one, but there are certainly two vastly different camps.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  8. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

There should be a variety of potions. Short and long duration.
  9. demi Augur

i can slide either way .. I do prefer the 2 -4hr range potions as sometimes I do like to grind for few hours at a time .. also having the 30m to 1hr ones are nice also ..

few expansion back cant remember which one but we got an 8hr 50% xp potion with the order of the expansion prem or collector's cant remember .. but now that was way too long , i still have it in my claim cause i just dont have that much chunk of time for an 8hr potion lol..

either way experience as a whole needs to be upped either let us stack lesson with a potion .. add more xp to overseer or a way to get AA's thru overseer

shorten lesson from 14hr to 6hr CD ..

and raise the ZEM (zone XP modifier) for older expansions.. especially sense we are getting screwed on LS content ..
  10. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

What i hate most were the 8 hr ones they were like 25% or something. i dont ever play that long so usually i would have to click it off so i can use lotd which is kinda sad they should somehow stack so if you got lotd going you get that til it wears off then get the other potion xp.
  11. Windance Augur

I generally buy the group 4hr x 50%.

I'd much rather have that as either 4x1hr or 8x30min charges.
    Scorpo likes this.
  12. Bigstomp Augur

I kinda like the 4 hour. It's long enough you can relax a little where with lesson some people are so amped up they must get the xp now they just become bad/annoying players.
  13. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Yes 4 hr is long but not too long.
    Bigstomp likes this.