Shei Vinitras Group Mission

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tucoh, Dec 11, 2021.

1. Tucoh Augur

Breaking out from the https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/tol-mission-strategy.279400/ thread to focus on this mission for posterity.

https://tol.eqresource.com/sheivinitras.php

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=10631

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...tyKpd4SYbqamL-BJzrvSuyjgQM/edit#gid=397020777
  2. Tucoh Augur

Some log stuff:

[Sat Dec 11 09:48:12 2021] Shei Vinitras begins casting Mark of Vinitras.
    [Sat Dec 11 09:48:12 2021] Tucob is bound by a Vinitras' mark.

[Sat Dec 11 09:57:53 2021] Shei Vinitras begins casting Mark of Vinitras.
    [Sat Dec 11 09:57:53 2021] You are bound by a Vinitras' mark.

[Sat Dec 11 09:48:12 2021] Shei Vinitras shouts, 'Tucosha, You are unworthy.'
    [Sat Dec 11 09:48:12 2021] Shei Vinitras begins casting Venomous Touch of Vinitras.
    [Sat Dec 11 09:48:12 2021] Tucosha is poisoned by the touch of Vinitras.

[Sat Dec 11 09:58:48 2021] Shei Vinitras shouts, 'Tucopal, You are unworthy.'
    [Sat Dec 11 09:58:48 2021] Shei Vinitras begins casting Corrupting Touch of Vinitras.
    [Sat Dec 11 09:58:48 2021] Tucopal is corrupted by the touch of Vinitras.

[Sat Dec 11 09:59:48 2021] Shei Vinitras shouts, 'Tucosha, You are unworthy.'
    [Sat Dec 11 09:59:48 2021] Shei Vinitras begins casting Rotting Touch of Vinitras.
    [Sat Dec 11 09:59:48 2021] Tucosha is rotting with the touch of Vinitras.

[Sat Dec 11 10:00:22 2021] Shei Vinitras begins casting Touch of Vinitras.
    [Sat Dec 11 10:00:22 2021] You revert to your original form.

[Sat Dec 11 10:00:48 2021] Shei Vinitras shouts, 'Peleus, You are unworthy.'
    [Sat Dec 11 10:00:48 2021] Shei Vinitras begins casting Venomous Touch of Vinitras.
    [Sat Dec 11 10:00:48 2021] Peleus is poisoned by the touch of Vinitras.

[Sat Dec 11 10:01:48 2021] Shei Vinitras shouts, 'Tucob, You are unworthy.'
    [Sat Dec 11 10:01:48 2021] Shei Vinitras begins casting Rotting Touch of Vinitras.
    [Sat Dec 11 10:01:48 2021] Tucob is rotting with the touch of Vinitras.

[Sat Dec 11 09:59:16 2021] You have failed the Don't cut the strings achievement.
    [Sat Dec 11 09:59:16 2021] Shei Vinitras begins casting Touch of Vinitras.
    [Sat Dec 11 09:59:16 2021] Shei Vinitras hit Tucopal for 1990114441 points of unresistable damage by Touch of Vinitras.
    [Sat Dec 11 09:59:16 2021] Tucopal has been slain by Shei Vinitras!
    [Sat Dec 11 09:59:16 2021] A wave of death touches you.

[Sat Dec 11 06:48:31 2021] You have failed the Don't cut the strings achievement.
    [Sat Dec 11 06:48:31 2021] Shei Vinitras begins casting Touch of Vinitras.
    [Sat Dec 11 06:48:31 2021] Shei Vinitras hit Tucolord for 1990097002 points of unresistable damage by Touch of Vinitras.

Brown centi you need to root / CC to destroy:
    [Sat Dec 11 09:58:43 2021] A datiar xi tavuelim takes a moment to gain its bearing.
    [Sat Dec 11 09:58:54 2021] Datiar xi tavuelim hits Tucob for 47995 points of damage.

[Sat Dec 11 09:47:22 2021] Datiar xi tavuelim hits Lusa for 45217 points of damage. (Strikethrough)
    [Sat Dec 11 09:47:22 2021] Datiar xi tavuelim hits Lusa for 42254 points of damage. (Strikethrough)
    [Sat Dec 11 09:47:22 2021] Datiar xi tavuelim hits Lusa for 44579 points of damage. (Strikethrough)
    [Sat Dec 11 09:47:22 2021] Datiar xi tavuelim hits Lusa for 42254 points of damage. (Strikethrough)
    [Sat Dec 11 09:47:22 2021] Datiar xi tavuelim bashes Lusa for 27866 points of damage. (Strikethrough)

[Sat Dec 11 09:47:52 2021] Datiar xi tavuelim hits Tucosha for 113000 points of damage. (Strikethrough)
    [Sat Dec 11 09:47:52 2021] Datiar xi tavuelim hits Tucosha for 130000 points of damage. (Strikethrough)
    [Sat Dec 11 09:47:52 2021] Datiar xi tavuelim bashes Tucosha for 30001 points of damage. (Strikethrough)

Blue Akhevan you can ignore or kill:
    [Sat Dec 11 09:58:43 2021] A dator xi xavuelim approaches.

[53232] Corrupting Touch of Vinitras
    Restriction: Cannot Remove
    Target: Single
    Range: 1000'
    Resist: Unresistable
    Reflectable: No
    Focusable: No
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 24s (4 ticks), Dispelable: No
    21: Increase Corruption Counter by 20
    22: Cast: Rotting Touch of Vinitras if Cured
    23: Cast: Wave of Vinitras on Duration Fade
    Text: You feel the corrupting touch of Vinitras.
    Corruption that will kill you if not cured, and will transform if cured
    [53240] Rotting Touch of Vinitras
    21: Increase Disease Counter by 20
    22: Cast: Venomous Touch of Vinitras if Cured
    Text: You feel the rotting touch of Vinitras.
    Disease that will kill you if not cured, and will transform if cured
    [53246] Venomous Touch of Vinitras
    21: Increase Poison Counter by 20
    Text: You feel the venomous touch of Vinitras.
    Poison that will kill you if not cured
    [53247] Wave of Vinitras
    Target: Caster PB
    AE Range: 1000'
    21: Decrease Current HP by 1
    Text: A wave of death touches you.
    Death propagates

Untested gina triggers:
    Search Text:
    {s1} is {s2} with the touch of Vinitras.$
    Timer:
    {s1} - {s2} Touch of Vinitras

Search Text:
    You feel the {s1} touch of Vinitras.$

Timer:
    Self {s1} Touch of Vinitras
  3. Tucoh Augur

Biggest question I have is what controls the brown centi spawns. One one attempt we got this string of spawns:
    Where they were spawning every 5s to 10s, when I gto wiped there were like 5 of the buggers up.

On another one we had a slower rate:

Is it just percent HP? On the run they were spawning every 5s we were pulling a cool 3 million DPS. Second one we backed off and were at 1.5m DPS.
  4. Zipe The Healer

Daitar are HP based. Spawn more frequently last 20%.
    Some way to do it is to quickly burn boss and do a single target CC, like a quick root. Then by the end where they spawn faster you can wait for last one to spawn at 2% then pop an AE mezz to bane last 3.
    You don't need them to be active to bane them. Just target them as soon as the trigger happens and bane them.

My gina triggers for this:
    Adds-> ^A datiar xi tavuelim takes a moment to gain its bearing\.$
    You see others that need a cure ->> ^Shei Vinitras shouts, '{s}\, You are unworthy\.'$
    Personal with what element to cure, but kinda irrelevant if you use a multi-element cure like Blood from clerics-> ^You feel the {s} touch of Vinitras\.$
  5. Petalonyx Augur

I found making a macro can help.

/tar dati
    /pause 2
    / (whatever root/mez)

My paladin is mvp in this mission. His root AA is 2s reuse and splash cures all the DT debuffs without targetting. I use pet tanks for shei
    so the paladin can manage the mischief. It sounds like you may need to slow down a tad, Tucoh. The Datior are more important than DPS and healing (and even the single tar DT).
    Fenthen likes this.
  6. Tucoh Augur

If i could just get a littttttle more DPS i can get it before the healers show up.
  7. Tevik Augur

This, and also if Shei heals up from the healer adds, the health-based boomer babies will spawn again at the previous health spawn marks. That is, if one spawns at say 50% and then Shei heals up to 55%, you'll get another one at 50% the next time you hit it.
  8. LesserArchi Elder

Woow, thanks for the info. I will probably watch it when getting back home.
    Anyone happened to know if Merc healer is able to cure stuff while in combat?
    From my observation, seems like the Merc healer does not cure stuff while in combat.
    Trying to figure out which ones I am able to do with Merc healer.

Thanks,
  9. Droctrebor Journeyman

Hey Petalonyx (or anyone haha), couple questions. I came in with my Paladin with the same game plan you described. I was going to let my Mage Pet tank while my Paladin dealt with all the curing and rooting. My problem was that Shei never once touched any of my pets. Shei got on my paladin and would not leave him alone. Am I doing something wrong ? The crazy thing is, I have seen lots of videos with groups of 116's/117's do the mission without any major issues, but for me, Shei eats right through my paladin at 120. I am geared in Waxing/Waning visibles and IE non visibles. 3 boxing (Paladin, Mage Enchanter) with healer and rogue mercs. Any tips from you all would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for digging up an old post but it was relevant to the pet tanking scenario.

Thanks all,
    Droc
  10. Zipe The Healer

Hello,

NPC usually prefer to hit PC over pets if they are on the proximity. You would have to range fight if you wanted to pet tank.

Focus on tanking with your paladin, use Audio Triggers that warn you about Adds or cures, then splash or use the macro posted above to deal with the mechanics. If the adds go active before you root they'll crush you since they kinda actually hit hard... so make sure you root them before they go active (as soon as the emote happens).

Check for the emotes posted above. You really want the Add one and the cure one .=)
  11. Aumnaydar New Member

I box a druid,sham,warr, bard... and unfortunately use merc cleric - rogue. CoV T3 GROUP geared and all lvl 117 when first beat it. I'm going out on a limb and will say this is tougher if you don't raid and your group doesn't have raid gear. I don't use [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] or - just tab through boxes. Setup is key to this. Gina helps a ton - set it up to identify who needs a cure and when the dat spawn. I never could get the /tar dat to work so I position toons before the fight.

Have warrior,bard and sham grouped up in front of Shei and druid to the left (or right) facing the group. Shaman faces druid. Have a hot key to cycle through targets. Also shrink everyone... makes it easier to see. Now the main key... Have Glyph of Dragon Scales on tank ready to go and Glyph of Destruction on the other chars but do not use at the start. Have Group cure on Druid and Shaman (Important to cast cure from both Druid/Sham (or whatever toons) that have it because sometimes it doesn't stick or fizzles when Shei cast it's dot on someone. Shaman group cure 110 works). If you only have one toon that can cast it.... then try to double cast group cure.

Have warrior start off full def discs and duel wield... the def disc will burn out well before the end but gives you a chance to get things under control. Make sure malo sticks (or whatever debuff you use) on Shei. Sham takes care of that and bard uses harmony of tone in his melody for this.

I full burn on druid,sham,bard. Cast group cures from both sham and druid when message pops from Gina, spot heals with both as well. Once def discs down, I go shield and use general def disc on warrior... I hold off on glyphs until Shei is around 40%.

When the datar message goes off, the datar will be on top of main group or druid. If on druid I have sham cycle target and root it... if on group then druid cycle targets and roots. Note that Shei gets in the way of cycle group targets so make sure you see the datar on your target before casting roots. Once at 40% use the Glyph burns from druid,sham,bard and tank glyph of dragon scales while maintaining the datar and the cures. If you're non-tank glyphs of destruction run down (2 minute burn) and Shei's still up you can hit Intensity of the Resolute .

Tough fight but was fun trying to figure out how to beat Shei with mercs.
    Free2Play1999 likes this.
  12. Evye Augur

Until the patch the easiest way to beat this mission IMHO is slow dps.
    Aumnaydar likes this.
  13. Petalonyx Augur

Droc- All mission mobs are raid aggro rules (PC in melee range always attacked over pet).

If you want to pet tank, you will have to stand back and you will have to Drop melee mercy. Unfortunately, that leaves you with only mage ench dps, which may not be enough to complete mission. You may need to team up with other ranged dps to make it work.
  14. Fian Augur

Write up says charm, but mez also works, including AE mez, and mezzes from TOV expansion (which have a limit of level 118 I believe). AA mez like beam of slumber, and noctambulate also work.
    Svann2 likes this.
  15. Fenthen aka Rath

Or big burns. Fastest I've done is 59 seconds but a lot of that is waiting at 2% for the datis to spawn.
  16. Droctrebor Journeyman

You all are awesome, lots of good info. I appreciate it. Well....maybe I will have the Paladin stand back and focus on cures, roots and throw in the occasional nuke. Maybe i'll try it with a wiz merc and 2 healers and see what happens. I'll yell at Shei to "prove it" from a distance lol.

If this doesn't work then I think I will try the Gina triggers to help assist, so I can focus on everything else.. Never used it before so it will be trial and error ! Again, thanks for all the helpful tips all !
  17. LesserArchi Elder

Good luck on the mission, but I have doubt it will work without PC tanking. They totally ignore the pet aggro, don't think the proximity matters, the mob will directly go after the PC I think... whom ever has the most aggro. Probably your cloth toons.
  18. Tevik Augur

Respectfully disagree. Kill it fast and get on to the next thing.
  19. Triconix Augur

It seems pretty easy burning the thing in less than a minute...
  20. Svann2 The Magnificent

You can only burn so much till it locks, so I wouldnt waste burns on it. But if you go too slow it gets healed so you definitely dont want that. Except for the chieve