Shar Vahl Raid Trash

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Lubianx, Jan 15, 2023.

1. Lubianx Augur

We have noticed that when trying to pull many of the raid trash mobs in the 2 Shar Vahl raid instances, a lot of them wont come unless you get close to them. I have hit them with agro over time spells, nuking them, stunning them and they don't move. I know some SKs have hit them with DoTs and they wont move until you get quite close.

I am doubting that this is intended. If it is we will adapt
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  2. Thunderkiks Augur

Yeah was very annoying trying to pull them, they would ignore me completely. The warrior had to use aggro dot or we would just go up to them. Wasn't that bad except the few near the tunnels in the Pit Fight raid. Since its proximity triggered we just couldn't get those mobs at all without triggering the event.
  3. Svann2 The Magnificent

I think its a pathing issue
  4. Petalonyx Augur

It's just some mobs, like cats. And, this is helpful if you want single pulls (an underpowered group farming Type 19 augs, for instance).

It's not a pathing issue. They just drop off aggro (or don't even come on aggro) if you are past a distance of around 100 feet. You can fully debuff the mobs before pulling if you want.
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  5. Axxius Augur

Definitely not a pathing issue. And it's virtually all cats and grimlings, just with a varying "no aggro" radius. A ranged damage dealer can solo about half of the zone from max range with 0 risk. Everything is also snareable and nothing summons.

Free type 19's. If this is intended then it's a very strange design decision, to say the least.
    Knifen and Thunderkiks like this.
  6. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

i've seen similar things out of the raid trash in shar vahl - also, it would be really awesome if three additional things could happen with the pit fight raid: these same requests were made related to it during beta, and i'm not sure if it was a choice to go another direction, or just ran out of time, so i figure its worth mentioning again:

1. Convert Pit Fight to be triggered instead of proximity
    2. Remove the zone trash population that is inside the event area. - pretty sure this was just an oversight - specifically there's maybe 4-6 mobs at the cave opening, and then 2? others in the raid area.
    i know that absor did remove some of the trash that was previously in the area, so i'm guessing he just missed the remaining stragglers.
    3. The messaging on Fatal Curse and Final Fate aren't always working as expected.

Beta thread for this raid is found here:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/raid-overview-shar-vahl-pit-fight.286251/

its easy to deal with all of it, to be fair, but it also would be a nice improvement for each of those things to be reviewed.
    Yinla, Ssdar, Silvena and 3 others like this.