Shaman Solo

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Croaksputin, Dec 1, 2021.

1. Croaksputin Journeyman

I don't box, I haven't gotten in a guild yet. I'm a returning player and started as a Heroic character so I'm not so far behind everyone. I'm doing okay solo, only been smacked down once so far. Can, or I should ask, how does a Shaman solo nameds? I know root-rot if I can root them, not sure if I can tank-n-spank them with a healer merc, or if I should use tank merc and be healer for the merc. I'm level 87 with decent gear (I replaced all the heroic stuff.)
  2. Tropi Elder

its been a real long time since ive been that lvl but get your self a j5 tank merc and you should be fine if you get it slowd and heal ur tank
  3. Croaksputin Journeyman

Thanks.
  4. Krools New Member

Disclaimer: Although I raid with my shaman now, 99% of her playtime is as a box that melees and casts from macro sets. I’m no shaman-ologist.

That said I sometimes play her solo or am forced to figure something out if the eskay dies mid fight. I have had luck in these situation turning taunt on dog dog and using a rogue merc. It can be hairy, but dog-dog ain’t too bad with a bunch of AA, weapons, and armor. It works so much better than I thought it would have.
  5. Panikker Elder

Maybe this video will help