Shaman Slows Which to use?

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Veesh, May 29, 2013.

1. Veesh New Member

I have a question as to which slows are best to use. It seems like whichever I use I always get a partial successful message.

I mailnly use the Counterbias line for the added heal but was curious if its better to just throw out the AA Turger, or the PB Drowse line.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Eckish Lorekeeper

The partial message is a mob flag, not a spell flag. You should use the strongest slow that won't be resisted.

Turgur's is a 75% slow and my staple, because it has an AA form, freeing up a slot. The counter bias line is equal in strength. Balance of Discord is good for resistant mobs and is also 75%.

The PBAE slow is 50% and grummus (disease based slow) is 40%. Only use these in situations where the others don't work.

I almost always have the tank equipped with the Apathy line of buffs, but that is only a 25% slow. You shouldn't consider it a primary slow.
  3. Sowslow Elder

Each has it uses.
    Drowse has the best resist modifier, but lowest slow amount (50%). The melee rune is good and being PBAE it can land on a bunch of mobs. The big downside is it doesn't last long so other slows may be needed after this lands.
    Counterbias has a slightly better resist modifier than Turgur but both have the same slow percentage (75%). I usually start with Counterbias, mostly as routine for the heal proc when it used to be much better, and follow up with Turgur on longer fights. Being mana free and quick recast make Turgur a heavily used slow regardless of what else I have up.
    The replacement to grummus, Curse of Insects is now 55%. There are very few mobs that resist magic, but a couple in the latest expansion. I only load this on raids that I know are magic immune.

The difference between a mitigated 50% and 75% slow is probably not much, but go with the higher one whenever you can.
    Mykaylla likes this.