Shaman or Druid for pet group?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Valendil, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Valendil New Member

Ok been doing research about coming back and doing my 3 box team. Want to do a pet based tank until I become established enough on Fironia Vie to fund a real tank. Pretty much decided on Mage and Enchanter for the base as this is the best pet and best CC (which I think is needed). Soooo....that being said between the two, some pros and cons:

DRUID:
    -Better personal DPS?
    - Better adps for the casters
    -Fire debuff for mage
    -Fantastic Utility
    -Healing not as good as a shaman
    -Worst armor in game

SHAMAN:
    -A third pet for group for tanking adds that resist mez.
    -Better buffs for pets
    -Better adps for pets
    -Burst dps/dps overall not as good as druid?
    -Semi hardy with gear.

SO kinda torn on these two for the third. If anyone can provide some clear guidance on the best choice it is greatly appreciated :)
  2. Valendil New Member

OH also forgot to throw in I think shamans are better healers now than druids?
  3. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Shaman will heal better.

Druid will add ports and tracking, which is very nice, depending your playstyle and goals.
  4. Silver-Crow Augur

Neither....

Add a Bst and you get the benefit of slows/buffs AND a beefy pet.
    Then just break out a cleric merc for heals... job done.
  5. Zalamyr Augur

I'd lean druid for the better caster dps support, but both work fine.
  6. Buri Augur

I'd go SHM, but I may be a bit biased, as that was my first main. They do fine dps-wise, our guild has a SHM who consistently scores in the top 5 DPS parses on our raids. It's all about knowing how to play your toon, knowing how to layer dots and stuff like that. SHM epic 2.0 is great for ADPS, too.
  7. Petalonyx Augur

Hands down druid. Ports, adps, tracking. And better pulling tools in combo with mage COTH.

Shaman is great too, but if your goal is to become established and fund a real tank later, druid wins hands down. If you translate druid value into time saved, there is no competition among other classes for your stated goal. It's not even close.