Shaman Mana Regen slow?

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Heuron, Mar 14, 2018.

1. Heuron New Member

I have only been back about 6 months and recently started a Shaman, to duo with my wife's Beastlord, but the amount of time I spend trying to regen my mana feels extreme.

I have leveled many different casters from Mage, Necro, Druid and Cleric but none felt this slow to recover.

Is this normal for this class?
  2. Jetslam Augur

Not sure what you mean by "felt". The inventory window lists your mana regen rate. Check it versus the other classes you play.

Make sure your Cannibalize is maxed as you level. Since our dots have been revamped,their mana cost is going to be more than the necro's dots or mage nukes per cast. Druid would be about on par.
  3. RenDnB New Member

What level shaman?

As stated above, use canni and always make sure you have the best one you can use. As far as the mana cost for dots go, they fixed mana cost in the patch on Wednesday; not sure how it affects me as I'm still working on getting 70+. Either way, they snuck it in.
  4. Heuron New Member

I know the Combat mana regen is listed there, yes they are the same, but it is the at rest regen under meditate that is the issue. My wife runs a BeastLord who was 5 levels above me at the time with 200 less mana than my Shaman. She could med from 10% to full and I would still be sitting between 40 and 50%.

She was level 38 to my 33.

I would expect Canni to help speed up the base mana recovery but when sitting on my furry tail I would think our regen rate should be similar with no other mana regen effects. At least that was our experience with my other classes.

I am really enjoying the Shaman and think it compliments her Beastlord very well, but she is getting frustrated waiting for me to med.
  5. Leigo You come here often?

Meditation also affects the rate at which you Regen while resting.
    As long as you're keeping the spell and AA canni on cooldown, you'll do fine on Mana.
    At such a low level it's hard, but try this: ask a mage to give you a set of Nestel's heirlooms and or Aenda's trinkets. It's a good set of nonvis most classes with mana can wear.