Shaman Epic Questions

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Shalka, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Shalka Lorekeeper

My main is a 52 Shaman i dont box this is what i play, my question is are there any tips / tricks to the epic? i just got my child's tear from Fear, so i figured now would be a good time to start it. With the server on downtime currently i was hoping that i could get some tips/tricks on how to faction grind the quickest and or anything else people might be able to help with... Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
  2. Vykk Lorekeeper

If you can get a druid to help the fastest way is to repeat peg leg gem hand ins.

Setup involves binding yourself at Bondl in freeport and having the druid stand there. You then zephyr to BBM and train Peg Leg to the druid rings and kill him there. Now you can repeat:

1- get gem from lesser spirit
    2- gate to bondl
    3- hand in gem
    4- take druid zephyr back to BBM

I did this on lockjaw with my shaman alt and got max ally in about 40 minutes. Don't forget to get your black fur boots before completing epic or you'll lose the faction for it.
  3. Shalka Lorekeeper

So once i get a druids help, and i get max ally faction. can i just go to mmc and kill the direwolf?
  4. Vykk Lorekeeper

Yep
  5. Kloven Elder

If you're doing alchemy and can make Potions of the Bone Field, you can do this without a druid. There are iksar marauders I think in a cave on the N end of FoB, they are the mobs for iksar shaman to get the spirit to spawn and get a gem. You still bind in FP, use potion to get to FoB, run to beach/kill/get gem, gate to Bondl. A friend did this about 12-15 times to get max faction, the potions can be costly though so if you can find a druid its cheaper.
  6. BobWiley New Member

Actually, no. Boots are not required if you have your Child's Tear and max ally faction. Nice clicky to have if you want to do it before completing your epic, but not required..

Once you have max ally faction the only thing you need to do to complete the epic is the final kill, and item loot in City of Mist and then the turn in EJ.
  7. Kloven Elder

Good point, with the tear and max faction, you can go straight to the Lord Rak kill (with a strong force, not solo). I think there are boots and a shield though along the way you miss jumping to the end.
  8. Shalka Lorekeeper

Hmm, instant sow would be nice for a junk buff alltho billy will be out soon enough.. guess i better weigh the options of the clicky or not.. Thanks all for all the help here.. really gonna make this alot easier on me
  9. Vykk Lorekeeper

I recommend doing the boots but as they pointed out it's completely optional. I brought it up because the final epic turn in resets your faction and if you decided later you wanted the boots you'd have to start over
  10. Meso New Member

It's worth noting that the faction lost upon completion is only enough that two hand ins restored me to max True Spirit. You only need around Amiable/Kindly for the Black Dire portion either way.