Shaman, Enchanter or Necro for Yelinak

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Midnitewolf, May 18, 2022.

1. Midnitewolf Augur

Ok every time I decide on which class to play, I have second thoughts so let's hear opinions.

Here are my thoughts.

Necro - Whelp there are no Iksar available so I am going to be investing in a subpar Necro if I go DE like I am thinking. Likely I will want to race change but that will cost me $25 when all I would have to do is wait 8 weeks and start a Iksar Necro. Never had a high level Necro though so I am very interested in seeing what they can do and DE's are cool right? I am a bit afraid that since Necros aren't much desired in leveling groups this might hold me back though. Also I want to be able to join a decent guild and raid and I am not sure how much demand there are for Necros.

Enchanter - Been there, done that, twice. However Enchanters are quite a bit of fun and great at soloing and farming. Love my Chanters. But I have played one twice now so yeah. Also since they are so good at soloing and farming, everyone seems to have a pocket chanter on a box and they don't seem to really be in demand for raiding....and I have heard they are horrendously boring to play in a raid. Lastly I hate how the get the nerf bat in later expansions, which tends to take a lot of the fun out the class for me. Good for grouping though, everyone wants a Chanter.

Shaman - Played a Shaman to 63 on another TLP, liked them except for having to spam canni 50 times to get back a quarter of your man. It was also an Iksar which I feel makes the best Shaman due to regen, which like the necro, we won't have access to. Don't like Trolls. Still I could see myself playing a Barb Shaman without too much pain associated with it as regen is not as critical for a Shaman as it is for a Necro. Should be a solid toon for both grouping and getting into a good guild to raid but I kind of felt my previous Shaman was pretty gear and money dependant (for alchemy) and since I am starting out from scratch in classic, not sure how I feel about that.

So what do you all think?
  2. FranktheBank Augur

Necros are fine in leveling groups, especially if you charm. Only idiot guilds will turn down recruitment. Also your raid dps is fine, minus Sky which is terrible.

Enchanter raids depends on era. Places you can charm (hate, fear) is good. Other places you are more of a buffer and maybe some runes. When you say nerfbat, do you mean in OoW+ where charming is very scarce? In which case, you can just fill a different role.

Ogre is best race for shaman. It also doesnt really matter unless you are soloing. It's not really more/less gear dependent than enchanter. Alchemy is also w/e.

I think you are incorrect analyzing a lot of this. They all 3 have different group + raid roles, choose whichever one of those roles you prefer.
  3. Midnitewolf Augur

You are probably right about me incorrectly analyzing this which is why I wanted opinions. Thanks for chiming in.
  4. Aenoan Augur

Shaman's get pretty irritating in raids trying to buff a whole raid without MGB or Group spells until they are unlocked is PITA. Slowgro and getting insta gibbed when trying to slow raid targets is another exciting time or malgro because your trying to get something debuffed just to get summoned and stepped on from your senpai.
  5. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Shaman prior to like Luclin is one of the most tedious thankless jobs in the game. Then it's just thankless. ;)
  6. Mrjon3s Augur

Omens comes out and you finally get group champion then DoN comes out and they are like heres panther go back to casting even more.
  7. Midnitewolf Augur

I hadn't thought about it but now that I am, I realize that I didn't start playing my last Shaman until after Luclin came out. I guess had forgot about how tedious a Shaman could be in the earlier expansions. I think I will nudge Shaman off my list for my first toon. Thanks for reminding me.