Shaman Domination

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Slayerwolf, Jul 21, 2018.

1. Slayerwolf Elder

Hello,

All I've read lately is people saying shamans are "strong" and can molo "almost anything." :eek: However, whenever I ask for specifics, I get silence. :oops: I've yet to see a shaman solo/molo anything at all lately, esp not RoS named (or RoS normal mobs for that matter, but as they don't summon, I know they can root-rot). I'm not saying it doesn't happen; I just haven't seen it.

Please help me understand how a shaman could attempt a RoS named. From what I can see, the pet does like 2k dps with talisman up. It's cringy it's so bad. :confused: So, do shamans face tank the mobs? Do they somehow keep a tank merc up and do some kind of crazy healing to keep him alive? Do they face tank and use a dps merc? I just have no idea how to approach a difficult, current-expac, group mob as a shaman. I'm sure it's possible, but I can't even fathom how to approach.

Or, is the class scuffed? :eek:

Please help!
  2. Venedar Lorekeeper

Does people say that nowdays? It would make sense before shaman DoT nerf.
  3. shruggz Elder

I cant speak to moloing named as a shaman, but any OT group trash mobs are doable in a number of different ways,

dog dog, can tank trash (a single anyway) if I remember correctly with all aa's dog's dps is like 7k
    but ive read that somewhere not parsed it myself. (your dots will do most of the killing the dog just keeps the mob off you.)

and your going to want to use roar of the lion instead of talisman pretty much all the time. roar critts are much much better and there is a heal component.

you could use a cleric merc and face smash em.

root rot em. ones that don't summon.

with just the shaman for support the tank merc shouldn't have much
    difficulty with one trash mob at a time. though like with the dog dog you may need to
    add more heals to your spell bar. (so there is always an available heal up not on cool down)

ive had other support when using the tank merc. with fair results on just trash.

as for moloing named? ive not seen it done by a shaman either but there are much better shaman than I out there that could maybe pull it off on some of the lesser named. I would guess though it would be a long fight, I would like to see a youtube video of that one.

our dps is not that great since the dot nerf, so with the cleric merc and face smashing its gonna take
    using ancestral aid, guard, rabid bear, union, bp clicky,. and whatever else you've got to keep yourself upright but it can be done on trash mobs.

were not "scuffed" as a class were in pretty good shape for the most part, we can heal very well, our utility is outstanding, our dps is pretty crappy but that's how it is. and likely how its going to be until it isn't.
  4. Szilent Augur

Why is soloing the highest level named in game suddenly the bar for character performance this year? A class is either strong or not if it can SOLO the highest level GROUP content?

Named mobs are tough. They do big nukes, they melee hard, they have high hitpoints! Recruit some gd friends!
    Reynen and Tierwyn like this.
  5. Thoxsel Djess' Pet Warrior

*wave* I used to say that about you. (Teasing)

To the OP: Shamans can do a lot but like most classes if you are planning to do RoS content it will be slow regardless of your class and some more effectively than others. Best bet is to expand your team either with grouping up with others or boxing or a mix of both. I love my shaman but I love him more together with my team for the synergy he brings to the table with my whole group that is where he truly shines.
  6. Shredd Augur

I can solo/molo just about anything in the game. I use various methods to kill names. The basic I use is to keep with in melee range so that my pet will keep agro. Send a tell anytime to ask questions.
  7. Slayerwolf Elder

Can you send me your in-game name and server? Thanks!
  8. Liin Edud (Tunare) Augur

I'm a 110 group geared shaman w/about 25k AAs. As it relates to ROS I use various methods to solo/molo depending on whether or not the mob summons. If the mob summons I can use a tank merc and keep him up fairly easily with heals and just DOT the mob down or if I'm feeling like taking a break I can have the shaman dog tank and have a cleric merc heal.

I can stand in front of most trash with a healer merc and my shaman dog if I want to but thats rare and a little riskier than the above.

I'm not even sure where I'd start trying to take a serious attempt @ a named. On the few instances where I've pulled one molo by accident the dog or the tank merc have folded pretty quick. I'd love to hear strategies of how to do it since I'm not even sure where to begin.

I've only got about 12k AAs to go and I'm not sure any of the ones I don't have would make enough of a difference.
  9. Ibudin Augur

I can molo with cleric merc a lot of mobs in ROS, but not namers - at least since the dot change earlier this year. Before that dot change, could take a few namers down on full burn with pet tanking, and cleric merc. Now its just no possible and I am heavily ROS raid geared. I use my Necro and with that duo box, Necro, Shaman, Cleric Merc, Cleric Merc, can take down most of ROS named. There is a namer in Gorwyn that still has my lunch and havent beat him (gave up after a few trys, probably should go back - gained some spells and more gear). I am sure there is an elite shaman or two who can beat a namer of two in ROS, but its going to be very, very hard to impossible to keep the pet alive.

Definately don't use a merc tank - they suck. Get full pet AA's, buy or make pet gear - Dimensional plate, and toss some weapons on them. They can do very well, in most cases I am very impressed with the agro they can keep and the tanking abilities they have, and this is coming from someone with a raid level pet focus on the necro pet.
    menown likes this.
  10. HanktheTank Journeyman

Video's or it didn't happen.
  11. Shredd Augur

Just look at the Magelo tag. . Shreds with Triton on the povar server. Some folks know me as Shredclaw,
  12. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

the first place to start is to be max AA, RoS raid geared, and not afraid to die a few times trying. get doggo some $$$ pet gear and be prepared for a pretty long fight. there's several pet AA that will help you out tank wise as well.

Tank mercs are useless. it's a waste of a slot to even have one.