Shadowknight Raid Tanking, what is your lineup?

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Kurayami, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Kurayami Augur

First of all, I know full well about the Warrior 3 minute disc, I do not wish to hear anything about that here, this is about how Shadowknights raid tank when they need to with duration in mind. Going to post my typical routine here, from there would like to see if any have more suggestions to add to the mix, changeups, etceteras.

First off, make sure I have my raid +2 deflection Tick BP on, once boss is in range I will use deflection to give healers a chance to get me targeted.

During Deflection, I will use my Fabled Ball of Golem Clay. I will also re-equip my raid cultural BP, ensure HP Buff, AC jolt tap, Grelleth's Skin, and Touch of Give me More hps is up (I know these aren't the 96-100 names, bear with me here). I will also use Undivided acrimony and HT at this time, and get 2.0, Circle of Power III, and Visage rolling before deflection is up.

As soon as Deflection drops, I will use Bonebrood Mantle (the 35% one or whichever). During this time I will often use my 100 tap, 95 tap, and 100 dire tap. I will also try to keep Dire Constriction or whatever the disease debuff is called nowadays on the boss. Jolts a plenty as well, for the agro + the rune benefit. I will use Reprove when it is up if I don't have Shining Armor from a cleric, but otherwise I will just let the Shining Armor 10 % do its work. I will also keep the weaker 2 blade strike pressed when available.

Near the end of mantle, I will use Grelleth's Carapace. Before Visage is up I will then use Scarlet Blade to get the spell boost bonus. I will also use third spire of the reaver, Duskbringer's Plate Chestguard of the Hateful, Iridium Shadowguard Breastplate (I'm thinking I might need to keep an 85 or 90 lifetap up here for that to be useful).

Assuming another tank is still up and on the list/not dead, near the end of Carapace I will announce my disc is nearly up, and rotate out at this time. Otherwise I'll pull unholy aura and tap for all I'm worth, using 2.0 again when it becomes available.

Suggestions here? Can just assume I keep clicky buffs up, unity/brells/cert or symb/dru/ac or whatever. I know I don't use projection of doom in my lineup, as I find that just gets DPS killed generating agro I can get perfectly well on my own. Can also assume I do use hate's attraction and whatever the push forward AA is called to keep the mob off banners and whatever at this time too.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Can also assume before I start tanking I will use Demand for Power and Touch of Klonda on my HEB.
  2. Brudal Augur

3. Kurayami Augur

Good point, must be a pally/bard in my group interfering. Have to find some obsolete spells to remove from blocking to add new blockers I guess.
  4. Endiment Scale Tailed

There's a line of pally heal spells that autocast an extra short buff vie that knocks off shining armor. Just need to block the extra buff from it. Protective Dedication Guard was the level 95 version of it, not sure the name of the level 100 one