Shadow of Fear

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Phathom, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Phathom Champion

We have a great update for you today, Shadow of Fear!

Thank you to everyone that made it happen from the teams here at SOE to all of our Norrathian brethren out there! We hope you enjoy this release.

Reminder, the Shadow of Fear game update is accessible to everyone that has the Rain of Fear expansion.

Best regards,
    -Thom Terrazas
    AKA Phathom

PS, here is a little Audioslave: Shadow on the Sun:

2. Reht The Dude abides...

Thanks SOE for keeping the game i love alive!
    Phathom likes this.
  3. Phathom Champion

4. Tarmuar New Member

Unfortunately as always folks in the states don't realize anything about international copyright laws, here in Germany, enforced by GEMA. I hope it's a good video, please consider using a generic soundtrack next time you put something together so the rest of your player base can enjoy as well!

(maybe you can load it up without audio?) (nm, just saw the post about it being a pic...)
  5. Kuniva Lorekeeper

LOL! Thanks for the laugh. :D
  6. Zellic Elder

Actually it's not a video, its just that image, the whole point is the song itself. It's a bit random, but it's a good song!

Edit, heh, I just figured it out. Haha p
    Phathom likes this.
  7. Phathom Champion

Sorry about that :(
    It's just a little music from Audioslave called "Shadow on the Sun". [A loose attempt at connecting the "shadow" in "Shadow of Fear" to any music that contains "Shadow or Fear" in the title - It's early here and we're still shaking the cobwebs loose :)]
  8. Tarmuar New Member

o_O...ahhh, I get it, you're welcome
  9. Phathom Champion

:) Yeah, emphasis is that this is the first "good" song I found with that criteria
  10. Axxius Augur

11. Apricots Lorekeeper

<3 audioslave. random though lol
  12. Elricvonclief Augur

Thanks much to the all who worked on the new content, we appreciate it!
    Cicelee and Ellyra like this.
  13. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

That is a great song in and of itself. One of my favorites by that band, although there are lots of great ones considering they only had 3 CDs. I think they should do a reunion once their other bands take a break
  14. Leerah Augur

It's ironic that Germany has such strong anti-piracy laws and yet is a stronghold of hackers. Which came first?
  15. Imrahil Augur

It is? Can't recall any of the hackers lately caught to come from Germany, so I am curious as to where that info is coming from.
  16. Imrahil Augur

Oh and PS: Thanks for added content, although I still think that it would have been better to bring T3 out together with T4.
    Two zones and especially only 2 raids, which have already been downed by the top US guilds and most likely will be downed by some of the Euros (the time since serverup was simply a bit too short for us to get really into raiding) and some more US guilds today.

Anyway: thanks for new stuff to do :)
  17. lagkills Slain by Fippy while guards stood and watched.

Fantastic four missions, PoShadows2 mission is just epic, all severely undertuned though, feel like tier1 not tier3. Can we expect voice overs to make a return in future missions? Playing a mission like Run You Fools(chaptershouse1) without voice overs lacks impact of the chase.
    Phathom likes this.
  18. Obione New Member

Yes the voice-over was a great investment! Excellent job
    Elricvonclief and Phathom like this.