Not A Bug Sewers of Nihilia, Lair of Trapped Ones

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Mhystwalker, Feb 4, 2023.

1. Mhystwalker Journeyman

Started GoD progression. Currently on the 3rd instance noted above. Alej Leraji will not take the Seal of the Nihil High Priest.
    I receive a message "You offered one seal of the nihil high priest to Alej Leraji" as I open the trade. When I complete the trade, I receive the message "You complete the trade with Alej Leraji".
    The seal is still in my possession, Alej does not offer the next text so the zone doesn't depop and I can't continue. I've retried the instance a few times. Lvl 120, so running through is quick but same result each time.
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

Are you getting the expedition from Gamesh or High Priest? Progression with High Priest cannot be repeated, non-progression with Gamesh can be repeated but does not have the progression elements in it.

Are you doing this in a group? Guides mention that everyone in the group has to hand in the seal.
    https://www.almarsguides.com/EQ/Quests/GoD/GoDProgression/SewersofNihilia/LairoftheTrappedOnes.cfm
    https://www.raspersrealm.com/Everquest/GoD/Sewers3.html

Paste in your log lines or a screenshot to see what is happening.
  3. Mhystwalker Journeyman

I'm getting it from the high priest, and i completed the two previous flags. I'm just soloing. I'll run it again and take some screen shots.
  4. Mhystwalker Journeyman

5. Mhystwalker Journeyman

So in the image, you can see the text on the lower right and how it doesn't update, and the seal is floating on my cursor in the middle of the screen
  6. Soulbanshee Augur

Your link is protected.
  7. Mhystwalker Journeyman

8. Soulbanshee Augur

9. Mhystwalker Journeyman

maybe i'll try shrouding then and see
  10. Mhystwalker Journeyman

UPDATE:
    -shrouded lvl 70 rogue, hide/sneak to Alej, turn in seal and he accepts it, zone depops, i get the corresponding text to find his missing tools.
    -i figured a useless shrouded toon can't do the 60min timer with all of the adds and how long it takes to kill a mob 20 lvls lower, so i gate back to pok, switch to mage and return quickly, slaughter all 3 areas really quick, getting the correct update messages for each one, then gate back to pok, grab rog shroud and head back. went to Alej and he doesn't recognize that i have completed finding his tools, so he still won't accept the result.
    i can't imagine why there would be a level restriction in place on a mundane 3rd flag event. this must be glitched. it's impossible for me to continue with GoD progression with this toon right now.
  11. Soulbanshee Augur

There have always been arbitrary level caps at the point where devs thought we wouldnt exceed level 100/110/115 something along that. They have had to go back and fix many mechanics that were capped out.

Can you do the phrase after the clear? The state is probably saved on zone data so zoneing out clears it.
  12. Loup Garou De loop de loop

Allah shows you cannot shroud for this mission and the fact that you tried it and it failed with shroud kinda supports that

Are you grouped?
  13. Soulbanshee Augur

ZAM says a lot of things. Shrouds were added after GoD, that field could have not been looked into/updated since it was added and just defaults to no.
  14. Loup Garou De loop de loop

Just trying to help, sorry if I stepped on your toes, have at it. I'm out. :D
  15. Beimeith Lord of the Game

This is no longer true anymore. Gamesh and the High Priest give the same instance now and you can flag it.

To be more clear, if you do it with Gamesh, you will get a temp flag which you then have to convert to the full flag with the scribe near the high priest.
  16. Beimeith Lord of the Game

To OP: Your issue is most likely a faction issue. You need to have Dubious or higher faction with Nihil or Alej won't accept the turn in. Using the rogue to sneak gives you indifferent faction which is why he accepted the item. It had nothing to do with levels.
  17. Mhystwalker Journeyman

That actually makes the most sense of course. Guess I'll work on faction.
    Thanks again
    Beimeith likes this.
  18. Soulbanshee Augur

Beimeith likes this.
  19. Mhystwalker Journeyman

Ok, confirmed this was just a faction issue. Finally got faction up from kos to warmly (about 2800 kills, ugh) and completed quest with no issue.
    Beimeith likes this.