Servers

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Bandye64, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Bandye64 New Member

Ok one simple question. I am thinking of returning after 9 years. I loved the whole group thing and all the people that where around. Remember when POK was packed with people LOL. So if I return what server has the highest population to get that old feel back. Thank you all in advance
  2. Sajun New Member

I'm in the same boat as you, only I'm a new player. I've been told Xegony is the place to be, but still not sure myself.
  3. Riou EQResource

If you're interested in raiding I would skip Firiona Vie, Test, Vox, Trakanon, Zek.

Unless you really want to PVP, I would also skip Zek always.

If you play European times you want Antonius Bayle, otherwise don't pick that one.

If you play Australian time there's atleast 1 guild for that (they are on Bertox).

Outside of that the rest are basically similar population counts and you can't really go wrong, close your eyes flip through the list and pick a random one, re-do if it lands on a "bad" one :p.
  4. Kirbane Augur

Chazic thule is a pretty decent server, i xfered from zek and oh boy what a differecne in population lol
  5. Bandye64 New Member

Yea I am still on Zek, have been from day one. I am going to reroll after 9 years (kill me and god help me) Sorry to ask that question as I am sure it has been asked a million times. Just want that feel back, hate being in a zone and not a soul around, bring back the good old days I say. WTB time machine
  6. Marlon1957 Augur

i am on Vie and VOX and i am doing well and enjoying the game. just pick you one play it if you like it then stay if you dont then try another one :)
  7. Crystilla Augur

Pacific time based = cazic thule, erollisi marr, bertox, vox
    Asian-Pacific/Aussie time based = bertox, erollisi marr (A/P)

Here's a link to the old forum post (/makes a note to move that thread over here and get it sticky'd) that will give some other info that might be helpful to at least narrow down some server choices for you.

From there, log onto each, join /general, ask some questions, get buffs in the guild lobby (that's the new PoK and where everyone hangs out since buff timers are frozen in the guild lobby) and check out pricing in the bazaar.
  8. Maxamo New Member

Idk been around since 2000 took a few years off returned like 3 times now after about 6 months im coming back and find out i can play for free my old server is gone via merger with povar and i play for free unless i want to go back to flippy then i gota go back too the 15 a month thing wow this game sure has changed wonder what happened too all my toons hmm still downloading patch stuff so bored lol ahh somethings are timeless good old EVERPATCH
  9. Goranothos Augur

I transferred to FV a couple of years ago and am loving it.

Advantages:

Permanent 50% exp bonus.
    Most items are that are No Trade on other servers are not No Trade on FV.

Disadvantages:

Only one or two raiding guilds.
    FV is a one way trip. You can never transfer off.
  10. Fenthen aka Rath

You can't even spell your own server name? ;p
  11. Geozen Journeyman

Chazic Thule is the god of misspellings. I think he deserves his own server honestly. :D
    BlankStare_001 likes this.
  12. Lilith Journeyman

I have been on Vox since it launched in March and I love it. There is a large amount of returning players there. Friendly people willing to help, a good server to play on if you are new or returning in my opinion.

Also, there is raiding going on on Vox, just no VoA raiding yet.
    Geozen and Barton like this.
  13. Geroblue Augur

I play on multiple servers.
  14. Cakvala Augur

i only have one character I play, On Tunare but I was on Xegony server for many years too.
    Geozen likes this.
  15. PetMyLlama Journeyman

Well, I have old characters on Xegony, a smattering of noobs on Vox, and a few noobs on Trakanon. Cant really say I play multiple servers, but I am not positive where I will end up. If you are looking for a high pop server, I can say without a doubt Trakanon is not it. I have taken an unscientific sampling at different times during the day and there is never more than 10 of any single class listed when I do a "/who all class". Most of the time it is fewer than 5.

Interestingly, the levels are split almost 50/50 between 65+ and under 20.
  16. Kirbane Augur

lol oppss typo
  17. solekeeler New Member

Iam in the same boat played on tallon zek forever ago got a new cpu and thought what the hell gonna see whats going on... i havent played in soo long i damn near forgot how downloading it now
  18. Culan Journeyman

I have been playing on xegony for the last couple weeks. For the first 50 levels it was completely solo/molo. These levels fly by pretty fast regardless so grouping isn't a big deal. Once I got into the 50's though grouping picked up. The past three days I have gotten into groups.
    Geozen likes this.