Servers lagging today

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Reincarnated, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Reincarnated Lorekeeper

FV is laggy and connection issues are being reported from others. The server locked up some time ago and left several of us in limbo. This may not be isolated to only FV.

Would be nice to see someone on top of it.

Thanks.
  2. Tobynn Augur

Horrible unresponsiveness on Bristlebane today. Zoning takes forever. Attempting to open a merchant window or trade window takes forever. Attempting to load a saved spellset resulted in an open spellbook and nothing else. Using a hotkey with 5 lines of /useitem resulted in only a single buff.

Combat is not an option at present.
  3. sargas New Member

It maybe from the earthquake that had in California this morning
  4. Riou EQResource

It is from them being DDOS'd, it wont clear up until they are done basically :p
    Leerah likes this.
  5. Bidaum_TR Lorekeeper

What does DDOS mean, Riou? Is that like when they load stuff in the back ground while the game is running?
    Luclin has STUPID Long zone times today vs yesterday. It seems to be getting worse each day. :(
  6. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Lag just cleared up... for now.
  7. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Distributed denial of service. It's an attack on a network from multiple sources, sometimes thousands of sources. It's more difficult to block than a traditional denial of service.
  8. Riou EQResource

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denial-of-service_attack

It is basically flooding the server with traffic, so much that the server can't keep up and goes out or grinds to a halt
  9. Reincarnated Lorekeeper

I'm still on a 5 sec lag, guess I have to actually get up and do something today... sigh.
  10. Wodendis New Member

Server lag is awful on Emarr. Hope we aren't going to crash and roll back AGAIN.
  11. Bidaum_TR Lorekeeper

TY for the info Riou!

Just walking around empty zones; frames and movement ok; however it takes about 4-5 secs to aggro a mob. Also, lag in opening bags and containers about same amount of time; 4-5 secs in looting a corpse as well as getting the corpse to release you after its been looted.
    It's 1:47 pm Eastern; I zoned from Innothule to South Ro in the time it took to compose this message; EQ UNPLAYABLE like this atm.
    Will check back at 7:00pm; /sighs @ another day pizzed away.
  12. Malbro Augur

8 minute zone times for me on luclin
  13. guado Augur

Also experiencing bad lag.
    Two guesses:
    The weakened pets are rebelling..........
    The Original Tower of Rot Raid lag has been lying dormant, until now, where it has fully spread to all SoE Games.
  14. Kelandi Elder

As of 2:20pm EST, the lag is pretty much gone.
  15. PicoTB New Member

Yeah same on Vulak, cleared up here about 5 minutes ago. But it did that earlier as well and then returned to laggy mode.

Very likely something to do with another DDoS attach and/or the California earthquake (although the servers are now in Vegas as I recall).
  16. Miklo Elder

The earthquake didnt effect EQ or any other game. It wasnt powerful enough for that. Stop watching CNN!
  17. ChobhamofBristlebane New Member

hey now cnn is great for humor, Comedy News Network.