Server for a fresh start?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Poledo, Apr 12, 2014.

1. Poledo Journeyman

I recently returned and I picked Firiona without really researching it. Sadly this is where my Heroic and highest level characters currently. I guess the days of actual RP servers are gone with classic EQ as they may as well not even call Firiona an RP server regardless of ruleset. So without any actual RP I don't see the need to be there.

The economy is horrid. 50% xp is nice but meh, I played original EQ and certain other unnamed "copies" that have the original experience speed and I can live with it. I'm really looking for a server with a good population, hopefully one I will see people leveling in lower zones, not just high end zones. People or guilds with west coast play times.

Looking for any general recommendations really.

Thanks!
  2. Questoften32 Augur

When I read the thread title I came in ready to recomend my server, which just happens to be the one your trying to get away from, so I guess I cant help you after all....lol
    Poledo likes this.
  3. moogs Augur

There are a lot of west coast guilds on Luclin and Bristlebane. People leveling in lower level zones is something you may see on Vox. Most everyone else gets to 80 (whether they mean to or not) within a week.
    Poledo likes this.
  4. Questoften32 Augur

Ironicly I left vox for Firiona.
    Poledo likes this.
  5. luzzella New Member

I play on vox and see a lot of people in lower zones. I did the same thing. My heroic toon is on a different server too. If you come over to vox look up spirit angels of vox. We are a growing guild with lots of people on at all hours.
    Poledo likes this.
  6. Poledo Journeyman

Sounds great, think I am going to give Vox a try. I did make a character there earlier and I was shocked how many people were in the mines.
  7. Eluwenie Augur

I am friends on Facebook with many who play on Bristlebane, seems to be the most crowded server too from what I gather. But that's just what I'm hearing, I've always been on AB since I started, less populated there, but I like it that way, easier for me to solo.. if you're wondering why, read my tag line.. lol
  8. Ayoheee Augur

9. Geroblue Augur

I have toons on all the blue servers. The populations vary by time of day and day of the week.
  10. Drusi Augur

I am curious why you do not like economy on FV? I think this is #1 reason that people do play on FV.

FV economy is fantastic, because of such wide variety and flexibility. If you want basic gear which is droppable on all servers, the prices on FV should be quite a bit lower. If you are a grouper who wants one or two pieces of raid gear, it is actually a viable option on FV.

Also, it is nice to come across various raid items from old days.
  11. Chikkin Augur

Currently this month CT is the highest populated server.

Vox or Fippy may be best for lower level toons.
  12. ColeX New Member

Because 3rd party plat buying/selling is so prevalent (I dont know about other servers, but it gets spammed in general chat consistently on FV) due to all the trad-able raid gear.
    For people that don't buy plat this causes huge inflation. One of the immediately noticeable things on FV is that A: Not much group gear is actually sold on the bazaar because the money is in raid gear and B: The raid gear costs an exorbitant amount of money.
    If you are gold you can capitalize on the inflation by selling in the bazaar and gaining from the 'trickle down effect.' but if, like me, you are silver... You have to earn all your money from drops (Same across all servers) or bend to the /barter (Which has around 4-5 competitors on a good day...)