Server Down Time - BETA!?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rojas, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Rojas Journeyman

I mean it seems like as good a time as any to throw up that Beta Server?
  2. Numiko Augur

Dzarn made an interesting comment in the patch bug thread

3. Polpet Elder

Time is running .... Not much time for beta now. Release will be in June, hopefully... Let's get that beta server ready ...
  4. Vaclav Augur

Doubt any of this is relevant to the TLP beta. For example the Dzarn quote is just likely how they use the Beta server when it's not up for us. [If their internal beta server is even the same as the external beta server we use in the first place even...]
  5. IHeartEurope New Member

agreed - my body is ready !
    Xanadas likes this.
  6. Barlow Elder

I'm worried about people burning themselves out in BETA. All the hype is fantastic, but... we need the BETA to help us reduce the amount of exploits that will occur at "launch"
    Xanadas likes this.
  7. Polpet Elder

I don't want to play beta hard-core, just want to test the exp rates and multiple zones...:)
    Xanadas likes this.
  8. Darth Augur

we need to pick one newbie zone and all overload it hard to see this new instance system as well.
    Fallfyres and Irbax_Smoo like this.
  9. Bandok Augur

Probably need to hit all the newbie zones; this is probably one instance where we want to try to overload each of them in turn so that it can get checked out.
  10. Numiko Augur

We can reenact the battle of Bloody Kithikor! :D ..

I remember on E.Marr crashing Kith, E.Commons, W.Common and Nektulos and the GM's finely gave up doing the final battle as nothing would spawn for them and they kept getting dropped every 30 seconds.... :eek:
    Fallfyres likes this.
  11. Darth Augur

We should start in freeport, move to commons, then nektolus and go from there, that's three zones we can hit quickly ina row with the same human characters.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  12. Taledar Elder

Yeah people are trying to go deep on this beta, but the beta should mean nothing for you its only an opportunity to make sure the servers will be stable when it launches.
  13. Trevalon Augur

I am still betting on a 1 week maybe 2 week beta.

Clearly it is to test the instancing of lowbie zones...
  14. RainbowTest Augur

Load balance code is easy to test, simply put the code in the guild lobby on test.