Servant of the Sleeper....

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rylak, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Rylak Elder

...is begging to be more than a 54-man raid event.

This raid would scale down to a 12-man mission quite easily. It has some great mechanics, and different ways to beat it based on the achievements. So many of your other raid events over the last several expansions are not getting the use that they deserve!!!! People loved the 12-man VP mission [was awesome when it had the raid DoT!! >:) ]. The concept is a solid winner.

The quality of the raid events the last several years have been quite good. More people than just us raiders need to be seeing this content you are putting significant hours into developing and itemizing. Scale it down and incentivize it. Put the current raid loot in it as rare drops and have a win give 5 raid coin on an equivalent timer to the raid.

I (and I think a lot of other people) want to see more of these events getting experienced and the items getting into players hands. It's just good for the game. If can invigorate membership into raid guilds and casual raid forces as people get the power and the desire to do more content outside of grinding. More group players have the potential to go gold to be able to use these items. More raid players may consider making and/or subbing their alts as ways to make more effective box teams outside of their one or two raiding toons that are already have raid geared. You're already taking steps with GMM and ToV T1 attunable to bring balance and equity across the game. It's time to take the gloves off and proliferate.

I'm excited about what Darkpaw games can become now that the team will have more freedom to make their own decisions. I'm sure you all have some great ideas for new and exciting things to expand the game. I'm also guessing that you realize that there are some great answers already in front of you.

Looking forward to the future...
    Kuaamil, Vumad and Zataos like this.
  2. Kuaamil Elder

I'd love another 12-man mission.
  3. Ashian Augur

Sign me up for more 12-man missions! Would even enjoy an 18-man, but that might be pushing it. I also love the concept of blending in rare raid rewards (or at least raid coin) with beating these 12-man missions. So many raiders lack the incentive to log in outside of raid night because there is nothing they can do to progress their characters. Having additional coin or something of that nature come from a mission would be very cool. Selfishly, my guild will probably only be able to do a handful of the ToV raids depending on how hard T2 and T3 are, so being able to get extra coin would benefit us a lot.
  4. Ravanta Suffer Augur

Let's be sure to design it so only 1 or 2 characters can damage the sleeper. We can't have a mission to where a sustained dps class could stretch out it's legs in ToV, that would be too much fun!
  5. Tucoh Augur

I personally liked the 12 man talendor mission because it was a good stand in for a "hard mode" six man mission, but I bet if you looked at the number of times Talendor was attempted vs other missions in RoS, you'd find that people mostly did that mission once because it was too annoying to get two groups together to do it.