Sepulcher Group Prog

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Xhartor, Aug 29, 2022.

1. Xhartor Augur

VoA is for the most part an excellent expansion, however the Time Sink required to complete "Crafting the Triumvirate's Downfall " and "To Kill a Thel Ereth Ril" partisan tasks isn't balanced for a TLP time table of 12 weeks.

These only needed to be done if you looking to request the Sepulcher raids or just complete the entire group progression.

For those unfamiliar with this content:
    To Kill a Thel Ereth Ril - This task requires collecting 500 Droplets, These drop be collect as uncommon drops off mobs in all 3 Sep zones or from Completing a various sub-tasks with rewards general around 9-11 (some have larger rewards). There are sets of shared 50 minute lockout among these sub tasks.

Crafting the Triumvirate's Downfall - Requires collecting 50 Alsa Thel from each of the 8 sub areas ins Sep East and West (400 total). These collected through complete subtasks in that area, with each of 8 areas having a shared 50 minute lockout. Rasper has good break down on sub-task rewards.

The main problem with these quest is that the rewards for these subtasks are balanced around a year long expansion, not a 12 week expansion. Most players doing these will figure which tasks they can complete in 5-15 min in order to keep cycling these quickly. Even with that it still ends up feel like you are trying to grind out the entire LDoN adventure stone for these 2 tasks. It would be nice to see the time required complete these adjusted to be cause less burn out on a TLP time table.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Most players just skip them & most guilds have a team of very high playtime folks who love doing that stuff.

Still a massive b***ache to get it done for even very high playtime folks though so I am definitely in favour of seeing this "multipliered" in some way, like TLP get 2x of the droplets.
    Wyre Wintermute and Aeonblade like this.
  3. Aegir Augur

Just remove the cooldown. I really loved the epic scale of the VoA Expansion. The best expansion since the Devs just gone nostalgic and reproducing old lore and zones...

Me and Caelin maxed out our Tear, 16 days after the expansion launched.

I also have to point out, that even with the gatekeeper quest for the final raid tier, the raid-loot currency system added at VoA, is making that expansion a huge loot - and spell party for everyone compared to the expansions before. e.g even though the progression is harder, the guild gets insanely buffed by the amount of loot they aquire even before unlocking the final raid tier.
  4. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

They could just decrease by a factor of 10 and be done with it. The only complaints would be from the "I had to do it so you should have to do it" crowd.. likely ones who've never dealt with a TLP at these stages as well.

It would take nothing away from the game besides a pointless grind. I stepped away from Live to begin fresh on a TLP back in 2015, so forgive me if they did change... but they really needed to quit the whole "make this difficult/tedious to slow down progress" thing that has/had been going on for years. It never slowed down anyone who wanted it done and only hurt those in the more average (or less) arena.

Sepulcher E/W/Order are difficult enough on their own (in era) + needed progress to not have to require days and days of grinding the same thing over and over again.
    Skuz likes this.
  5. Juskov Lorekeeper

Maybe double the droplets, but I really didn't find it that bad. We're already getting to the point where people are maxxed out on AA and raid logging. Without some quests that take more than 30 min like most of the group prog and hunter achievements, people wouldn't be logging in at all. And this quest isn't really required for anything, especially with the Cold Stone summer achievement that can push you over 100 language.
  6. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

If your guild wants to raid Sepulcher it's very much required for someone to do it. For non-raiders yeah I suppose it's pointless checkboxes.
  7. Juskov Lorekeeper

Well yeah to request the raid. Not sure who is left on Mangler that is not raiding. Still a very strong server though, think we still have 9-10 raiding guilds. Usually a few people are hell-bent on getting all the achievements, so things like this don't become an issue unless they are broke. Some ambitious people try this stuff out before the new xpacs launch. Hard core indeed!
  8. Aeonblade Very Hungry Vah Shir

I'd just like to echo what was said here about possibly removing or decreasing the cool down. This is a problem that I'd love to see fixed before Mischief gets there on down the line, and it would be great to be fixed now for those experiencing it or are close to unlocking it.
  9. Kodachi Augur

Most guilds have dingwads like me who do all the stuff because... I dunno, but yea, this set of missions is kinda brutal but also weirdly abuseable. Its just a weird situation all around.