Sense Traps...?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ecerip, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Ecerip New Member

So I've effectively tried everything.
    Macro spamming(In my Backstab Hotkey)
    Spamming while moving.
    Spamming while near a trap.
    Spamming while moving near a trap.
    Have also tried multiple traps, and I'm coming up blank as I've not got a single skill up.

Has anyone had any luck with Sense Traps skilling up? This might not bother me so much if I wasn't such a completionist T_T
  2. Porterz73 Augur

Been a while so this may need a fact check from another.

I'm assuming you are high enough level. Have you gone to guild master and spent a couple of ability points on Sense Trap. I think you may have to spend at least 1 at Guild master to get this 1 rolling. (Again not 100% sure but I think it prob will help)
  3. Rauven Augur

There needs to be a trap nearby the skill can interact with. Basically those little rune looking things that it auto targets when using the skill.

You cannot skill it up in classic as the traps in Sol B don't count. They used to, but not since I think LDON came out.

There might be traps in Kunark and Velious this might skill up on, but I'm not sure. I do know the traps in Paludal Caverns in Luclin work.
  4. Ducreux Augur

The only trap I can think of it working on is the imp trap in Hate but even that may be so old that it no longer counts.
  5. -wycca Augur

There are no traps in Kunark either. Not even in chardok - our version doesn't have the right ones.

I believe the first ones are in Velious. TOFS has some I know.
  6. Vaclav Augur

Claw things by the tapestries? <3 those for getting low defense fixed.
  7. Anhari Augur

You didn't say what class u are trying to skill up on but....

Only Rogues can increase this skill. On all others you get 1 point but can't increase the skill. This is true for a couple of other skills, but I forget off hand which ones.

Also, until we get to the x-pack that gave the sill to everyone, you can't increase the skill without being close to a trap. There are traps in Chardok, but I never play the class, so can't say if they work until either LDON or OOW release. Would have to go through the patch notes archives to check. (Allakazham has a link to all the old patch notes).
  8. jiri_ Augur

He does say he's tried linking it to his Backstab key so it's probably safe to assume he's a Rogue.
    Kattria Minx likes this.
  9. Simone Augur

If you are unable to find a place to skill up normally then don't be afraid to go to your guild master and use those practice points that you get every level. You get plenty of practice points and this skill is probably more useful than just about anywhere else you could put those points anyway.
  10. Orbital101 Augur

Im pretty sure I got all my skills up on my bards and rogue from opening chests... I do remember having a hard time to get my first from 1 to 2 but then it went up almost every chest. Considering I had no skill pts left to invest in that skill.
  11. HoneyMarmot New Member

Having issues raising Sense Traps skill as well, I'm on a new TLP server so no access to later expansions yet. Is the utility skill achievement and such broken then for TLP?
  12. Ducreux Augur

There are no relevant traps in this era that the sense trap skill will use so it is impossible to raise outside of trainers. Non-issue except for achievement hunters.
  13. Jaymond1037 New Member

Zing! LMAO
  14. Tomlyn Drayke Journeyman

Once velious hits, there is a trap on the ramp after opening the right panel of the massive cellar door thing in Dragon Necropolis before you get to Jaled'Dars Shade building. You may have to move past it and wait for it to repop, but you can stand right at the base of the ramp and spam sense target. As I write this, I've gone from 29 -> 100 in about half an hour. Don't target the trap. Just stand at the base of the ramp. Very easy to get to with sneak/hide.
    Kattria Minx likes this.
  15. Machen New Member

Why are you trying to raise it? Until LDoN there are no traps you really need to sense. Once you hit LDoN you will have plenty of opportunities to raise the skill by using it on ldon chests, which are the only time it ever matters from LDoN until PoR. In PoR you get one raid event on which to use it and then it goes back to irrelevant for the rest of your eq career except for the occasional raid chest that needs to be disarmed lest it ae your raid for a small irrelevant dd (and more importantly, prevent you from opening the chest quickly and securing the systemwide message.)
  16. Ducreux Augur

MPG trials mayn!
  17. Jaybizzer Lorekeeper

Has anyone tried on the traps near the Sporali's in Runnyeye?
  18. Critt Augur

you can raise both sense and disarm at Sol A first trap, that's where i maxed mine.
  19. TessaPrincess Journeyman

Liseut the Bardess here - Ive been getting Sense Traps skill ups on traps in both Velks and DN.
  20. jeskola pheerie