selo's kick interrupting melody

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by svann, Apr 23, 2017.

1. svann Augur

It seems to me that selo's kick is sometimes causing my melody to stop. Its infrequent enough that it would be hard for someone to just login a bard and see that it is happening, but often enough that if you are kicking every 6 seconds for an extended period you will see it often. Its annoying to notice your songs stopped and not know how long they were off, though I think I do catch it pretty quick. This is NOT missed notes since they dont cause melody stoppage, and its also not stun since I get gina notification for that. Anyone know more about what is going on?
  2. svann Augur

Maybe I should have titled the thread with a question. Im not sure whats going on now. I got it to interrupt melody once this morning on a combat dummy - and it didnt take very long. But now it wont replicate at all. After that first indication, I started a ms mouse and keyboard macro to hit selos kick every 6.1 seconds and ran it for like 15 minutes and never got a melody interrupt again.
  3. Vizula-Emarr Elder

Are you spamming any sort of social macro with aa skills? I want to say you can kinda block input on a char if the spam gets screwy. Im sure aomeone can give specifics.
  4. svann Augur

You mean like a groupsay? No I only have 1 macro that does that and I dont use it often (funeral dirge).
  5. Vizula-Emarr Elder

Sorry, guess i meant just a macro with like kick and bellow together, maybe some pauses. The only other time i notice my bard stopping is getting aggro on pulls, when it happens.
  6. svann Augur

Not macroed, but I wonder if it might be because I have selos kick and Staff of Viral Flux multibound to the same key.
  7. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

This happens to me sometimes, usually in between 2 songs. Maybe it has something to do with trying to cast an AA and spell at the same time.
  8. Nniki Augur

It is the staff. Instant clickies can block songs from starting if used precisely before the song begins. Personally, I'd recommend not tying any instant clickies to your Selo's Kick spam hotkey... none of them are really worth the bother.

There are other actions that can block a song from starting too, such as consuming food/drink/alcohol.