Selos Exp Rate in Later Expansions

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Machentoo, Mar 2, 2019.

1. Renshu Augur

This news is pretty discouraging. It could cause some people to not play Selo if it is only going to be fast paced till TSS. Seems like a bad idea. At least give us FV exp.
  2. Risiko Augur

Am I understanding you correctly that experience is going to go something like the following:
    1. SoL = Uber fast
    2. PoP / LoY = Uber fast
    3. LDON = Uber fast
    4. GoD = Fast
    5. OoW = Fast
    6. DoN = Fast
    7. DoDH = Not so fast
    8. PoR = Not so fast
    9. TSS = Live speed
    10. TBS = Live speed
    11. SoF = Live speed
    12. SoD = Live speed
    13. UF = Live speed
    14. HoT = Live speed
    15. VoA = Live speed
    16. RoF = Live speed
    17. CoTF = Live speed
    18. TDS = Live speed
    19. TBM = Live speed
    20. EoK = Live speed
    21. RoS = Live speed
    22. TBL = Live speed
    23. TBD = Live speed
    Starting in The Serpent's Spine, player will be expected to level up, gear, gain AAs, and raid everything in 1 month at Live server speeds to keep up with the unlock schedule.

Plain and simple, it's going to start sucking in Gates of Discord when that experience rate starts to relax, and by Depths of Darkhollow people are going to be saying screw it. By the time The Serpent's Spine comes around, there wont be anybody left on the server trying to keep up with the unlock schedule if this is the case.

I'm not saying it's impossible, but... it's almost guaranteed burn out on a wide scale.

For this server to have any chance, that uber speed from server start needs to go all the way until the server reaches Live status.
    YourNameHere likes this.
  3. Barton The Mischievous

It is going to be slower exp than live until TSS. Selo's experience is only faster than the other TLP's
  4. Barton The Mischievous

It never has uber speed. It is only faster than the other TLP's for experience but not as fast as live. Again this is why some of us suggested 6-8 week unlocks

From the FAQ---Q: What’s the XP rate on Selo?
    Earning experience on the Selo server will be noticeably faster than the rate of other progression servers, but not quite as fast as a normal server.
  5. Risiko Augur

People on that server are going to hate their lives lol
    Barton likes this.
  6. Ceffener Augur

The XP rate has never been advertised as being faster than live.
    There was never any indication that it would be faster than live.
    The FAQ was clear that it would merge at live rates, and anyone who plays TLP should have known that means at GoD and TSS. Post TSS will be at live.

We said 1 month unlocks was bad.
    We said 1 month unlocks was not good for an “ultra-casual” server.

People want to try and convince themselves the XP was going to be 200% live rates just because of 1 month unlocks...that’s on them.

You will not keep up with 1 year expansions in 1 month, it was never advertised that you would.

When casuals don’t care about levels or gear...why are people shocked to learn the server is not made for people to clear everything in 1 month?

Your not going to be keying/flagging in 1 month in modern expansions either.
    Barton likes this.
  7. Polekn Augur

Experience is fine as well as 1 month unlocks. You do not have to be BIS in every slot and max AAs before the next expansion opens. Maybe this server will finally make lower tier content in every expansion relevant.
  8. Risiko Augur

In June these forums are going to light up like a Christmas tree with people complaining about not being able to keep up in Gates of Discord.

Then in July the chant for increasing the experience rate will change to those of "slow the unlock schedule down" as people try to make their way through Omens of War.

August will be filled with "I quit" threads when DoN unlocks.

In September when DoDH unlocks, there will be a skeleton crew left on the server. The Depths of Darkhollow will unlock like a whisper on the wind that no one heard.
    Barton likes this.
  9. Barton The Mischievous

Yup or even sooner-- Maybe more than a skeleton crew like 1 super guild left that has merged with 4 or more other guilds. Maybe not but ...Glass half fulling it here
  10. Renshu Augur

Do you read what people post before you quote?

Edit - if you read my post, the exp (in comparison to other TLPS) is only going to be fast till TSS. You don't need to correct me when we are saying the same thing.
  11. yerm Augur

We don't want longer unlocks. We want selos to keep being selos tss+ is all. If that means faster than live, or more autogranting, or some other solution... we want a server that lets us touch each expansion and does NOT get bogged down.

Longer unlocks DO NOT REDUCE HOW MUCH TIME IT TAKES TO AA and I do not know how else to put that. All it does is give you more time to earn them before the next era. Longer unlocks are therefore not and have never been the solution to a server aimed at preventing burnout. Reduce the monotony instead.
  12. Ceffener Augur

I’ll at least get to post on the “told you so” post. 1 months unlocks with highly increased keying/flagging and double live xp might have worked for a “casually ish catch up with live”, but currently if you goal is to play live it would take less effort to catch up on live.

Which is fine, but currently you have a live server with lower lockouts and increased rares after TSS. Just some people didn’t realize that until now.
    Barton likes this.
  13. Barton The Mischievous

Sorry I did read it and you just said "fast paced" till TSS.
  14. Renshu Augur

Basicaly, Selo is a "fast paced server" until TSS, then it will be the same EXP rate as live or any other TLP at that point (Phinny has live exp).

Seems like this should be addressed. When it gets to live exp, it should at least be on par with FV, IMO.
  15. Barton The Mischievous

You don't need to be full aa's or more autogranted aa's to touch each expansion.You just may not be able to do everything in era with the 1 month unlocks that the majority wanted.
    Yinla likes this.
  16. Lowlife Lorekeeper

All of this is better than sitting around in Kunark for 3 months again. But it won't be like that necessarily, you just haven't changed your perspective on what's possible yet.
  17. Neldarion Lorekeeper

Raid flagging must be removed on this server or it's destined to fail, hard.
  18. yerm Augur

On which tlp server did the population drop at the start, rather than end, of an era? You keep trolling these forums saying people quit because too fast when anyone who looks around in game sees that more people quit after boredom. Server pops spike at new content release. Basically, your argument is 100% feels based garbage and you have been spewing it for years and it's false.

You also think selos dies by dodh. The level 70 stretch is one of the longest because it has 4 expacs lined up and they are actually easy to devour. So even if people quit due to going too fast, your timetable is awful because the 70s, aka the response to WOW originally, are the easiest block to keep up in.

Prove me wrong. Show me anything remotely evidence based that populations drop or their decline hastens at the start, rather than end, of any era.
  19. Ceffener Augur

Did the population of Sleeper and The Combine (boiled down to 1 month unlocks) grow as more eras were released or decline.

Hint, they had to merge them.
  20. Gremin Augur

Hint, WoW was in its glory days.....TLPs are now much more popular than back in those early days of them.