Second TPS - No Boxing permitted ruleset

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Tik Toc, May 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maec Journeyman

I'd play on this one, even pay extra to get the actual enjoyment from it.
  2. Old_Timer Journeyman

I am a huge supporter of a new "limited" boxer server. Just make it a max of 2 maybe 3 per IP. It's the 6+ [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] folks that has me mucho frustrated as I am sitting in the que waiting once again to get in game... This would solve the boxer rage and solve the bottleneck and would let everyone play how they want to play.
  3. Hexaholic Augur

Then go to P99.
  4. Maec Journeyman

Why? I already pay here, so I may as well get the enjoyment of what I pay for. When you have a valid argument/reason why, maybe then I would give you any consideration. Until then you can go play on P99 since you think its a great place.
  5. Hexaholic Augur

I don't own ANYTHING. I am paying for the service. I pay just as much, per character. Doesn't make me anymore entitled than anyone else. But quite tired of people crying about boxers. Play the game how you enjoy it. If boxing is what you enjoy, then go for it. I play a Cleric, I main one. I also work a 24/7 on call job, therefore, I have to play at weird hours. It's a pain to find a group in the middle of the night, so I box. It's fun for me. It's fun to see how far I can push it, and what I can do.

I'm saying, stop whining about boxers, simple as that. They 100% aren't going anywhere, and you crying about it is just plain annoying. Nothing about what he said offends me. I also own my own home, and don't play in my basement. Also, for the record, look how mad you're getting. Are you sure you're not the child here? Anyhow, have a great rest of your weekend, wherever you might be stewing in anger, and have a great one. I'll be hanging out on my boxes! Oh, last note,, I have two spots open, so if anyone ever needs a group, hit me up, we can let my mage boxes carry us to victory!

Lol @ calling people bullies. Damn Liberals.
  6. Tamier Augur

Thats the opinion of a boxer, there are plenty of other people to disagree with you, and do not, nor ever have, considered boxing as a real part of mmo's and voluntarily disassociate themselves with them. So we all agree to disagree.
  7. Templeton Augur

How about you stop whining about people with a different view to you? Just a thought.

Everyone gets that boxers are not going anywhere. This is why a second box free TLP is being requested. Keep up.
  8. Maec Journeyman

Since you like to give advice maybe you will also take advice. I suggest you stop reading the forums as it is likely only stressing you out. Don't read the forums you wont see us "crying".

As an FYI, I dont mind people boxing a couple of toons so that they can get somethign done. Sitting for a long time LFG sucks, I get it. However, having a guild kill one of the toughest mobs in Classic after only 2 or 3 days with a shorthanded raid is ridiculous. I believe the word was that they were not all boxed players, but each of them likely got to that level because they were all essentially PLed by the six box groups full of mages. The whole server is out of whack already. Couple all this with DBG's wild west mentality that everything goes and the inmates are on their own is not how I personally want to play the game. I've heard people say without boxers there just wouldnt be any money for EQ and that is likely true, but the same thing goes for the rest of us that enjoy the game. Boxers are not paying for all of this, all of us together are and we should all be enjoying it together.
    Tamier likes this.
  9. Tamier Augur

Its bs to say you can't find a group 24/7 in ragefire. Thats a lie thats been repeated by boxers for years as an excuse, and ragefire proves it incorrect. I played from midnight til 8am, and the population was completely full the entire time, with hundreds of groups everywhere.

That being said, because the way we want to play is without boxers. You want to play with boxers. Go play with boxers. We want to play on a server where we don't have to have boxers. We have the same right you do. The only difference is, boxers demand to play with single players, thats the whole point of boxing. You can get ahead, take what you want, set or ruin economies, and have all the false fame and recognition for being ahead of everyone. But as soon as it is suggested to have a second server without boxing, you cry and whine like little kids. It wouldn't affect you at all. Ragefire would still be there, and you'd still be able to box on it the way you want to, so whats the problem? Oh wait, you wouldn't be able to piss of people on purpose by boxing and taking that advantage and hording it over their heads, because they'd be on a new server, and that just pisses boxers off.

So the real issue here, is part of these type of boxer's fun, is making sure they annoy, take away from, and dimenish other player's fun in EQ. That alone should be cause for a new server with no boxing ruleset. Everyone else would still be able to box on ragefire just fine, and it wouldn't affect them at all, or their preferred playstyle.
    Templeton likes this.
  10. code-zero Augur

What's with the Naggy and Vox kill? They aren't that tough, it's entirely reasonable that a force of 18 level 46 characters can put either of them down. I'm starting to think that some people believe that every group of more than 2 characters are a boxed group.
  11. Ruiner Elder

I'd pay a premium for this
  12. Tamier Augur

Killing all 3 bosses in less than 3 days from classic launch is not normal, or anywhere close to reasonable. Second, they were not all level 46, there was one 46, and that was the highest level in the raid.
    Kasuka likes this.
  13. Nums New Member

Here is my wishlist (I would be willing to pay THREE TIMES my sub amount..like 45 dollars a month for this!!!)
    -A fully staffed dev team (preferably robots..obviously to keep it under $45 a month) to support managing multiple servers and rulesets
    -A build-a-server-on-demand-in-the-cloud so when i get bored i can just do something different (i feel like the robots could also manage this for me?)
    -A maid (because my wife doesnt clean enough)
    -World Peace
    Tamier likes this.
  14. Gravija New Member

While I would like a second server to open up just so I could avoid this absurd queue (seriously DBG, 3 hours of waiting is NOT really feasible as a mom with a limited amount of time to play!), I personally don't mind boxers. I find more drama from groups of 'friends' who claim a camp even when I am already there with another group. It's pretty obnoxious, actually. Besides, boxers make up the majority of my jewelcrafting clientele since outfitting all those mages with rings and such tends to keep me pretty busy!
  15. O_Castitatis_Lilium Lorekeeper

Really? because in your last statement you said, yeah, actually make a second server anyone not boxing can leave our server and go play no their own (paraphrasing of course)

Here is your actual last line
    As for your excuse to boxing, you have none. If the queues are ANY indication of how it is on the server, you have no reason to have your boxes on there, so you are part of the problem. If you work an on-call job, then maybe EQ is not your thing? Maybe you shouldn't play it then, considering you seem SO busy. Being on call requires responsability. I don't know though, to be honest, because I have never been in an on-call position. I highly doubt that though. I have seen your other posts around here, you act more childish than the daycare children I use to work with. So the general grow up statement still stands. At least the children I worked with managed to work out agreements with each other, and not demand that everyone play by their rules, like you do and accuse everyone else of doing.

All of your other posts are all have the too bad, deal with it, attitude, even in places that are trying to find solutions to just the queues. So your childish behavior is everpresent on here and everyone can see it.
  16. rune00 Augur

I'll sign this petition just to find out how empty a no boxes allowed server will be. Or as Holly said "EQ is Boxing"
    code-zero likes this.
  17. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

First off, I'm not a boxer. Not here, anyway. I might at some point when I find a need to, but I prefer playing a single toon at a time. Boxing is just too much work for me and it shortens my play times. Usually when I do it it's for specific long camps and we are a long ways off from that being an issue. At time of this writing I have one level 7 character on this server.

Second, what I stated isn't my opinion, it's a FACT. DBG is operating on a shoestring compared to it's former SOE days and catching boxers requires GM and CS resources. They just simply are not going to do it. It's not an easy matter of just deciding that no boxing is allowed. It has to be enforced. There is no easy way to spot a boxer when action against accounts are a possibility. One has to delve into their IP info and observe them before determining if they are boxing. Logs have to be looked at. Etc, etc. This takes time. Paying people to do a job means their time is money out of the company's resources that could be used for other things. 4000 players to keep an eye on in this way? You are talking about costs above what they have allocated to GM support now. That's before you even consider the load on CS when people appeal actions taken against them in determining if someone was erroneously caught and had action taken against their account. It's asking DBG to open a massive and expensive can of worms for themselves and is just silly to think they can just do it at whim.

I would love a no boxing server, personally. But it's simply not going to happen. Nice try at trying to make a simple statement of fact personal, though.
  18. Tamier Augur

That is not a fact, thats an opinion, and a false one as of this post. They already showed up in game to a player report of a person. They msg'd the person, found him unresponsive, and gave him a suspension. People are acting like they know what DBG's is going to do, and that it will be exactly what Sony does. They've already made changes sony never did and never would, ie to Ragefire server, and to the queue system among others. You don't know that they won't do that, you're stating your OPINION.
  19. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

And? It sounds like the person was botting. That's a lot easier to spot than boxing. Especially people boxing 2 characters.

I say again, they've been pretty emphatic about not bringing up a second server, as it is. Now, you think they are going to do that AND enforce a no boxing policy? Okay, dude.
  20. Mishkin Journeyman

If it's automated - like ISBoxers do - it's shown on the screen. Very easy to distinguish human being and script. Scripted toons move very synchronously. Especially when the whole "team" sits/stands at the same time.
    Tamier and Elkay like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.