Sebilis is a rampant botting / cheating dystopia

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Womble, Sep 23, 2020.

1. sirelothar New Member

I love when these posts crop up of obvious real problems people respond with "git gud" because they themselves know these kind of issues are unlikely to be addressed. Kind of sad to see so many delusional people that think botters stealing camps and warping to them is all part of the game and have accepted it. Sad.
  2. SoandsoForumUser Augur

It wasn't enough for one terrible thread on this topic? DPG isn't going to suddenly start enforcing a policy they've publicly said is dead and if you want to try and make a change posting on these forums isn't the way to do it, just leave the dead horse alone.
  3. EchoFreya Lorekeeper

Clearly, you didn't read my post. That policy isn't dead, (amended recently perhaps, or resurrected). What does seem quite clear is that the "DPS race" rules and subsequent player construct of "there are no camps" sure seem to be.

As for enforcement, I'm going to sit back and take a 'wait and see' approach to that one. Maybe a forthcoming response on that is related to these recent amendments?

I wouldn't consider continuing practices of "DPS races" (a.k.a. kill stealing, griefing) in the near future, that's for sure.

Ignorance of the rules isn't an excuse for treating other people poorly.
  4. SoandsoForumUser Augur

Can you not read the page you linked?

It's literally right there, DPG isn't going to take any action. If you want to make a change do it in game.
  5. EchoFreya Lorekeeper

I see absolutely no text in your quote that endorses "DPS races", or claims that "there are no camps".

That clause indicates that:
    • they will not physically respond in order to arbitrate first in force or engage rules by a GM or Guide on any server (the specifics of what this means is no longer specified, but that language generally applies to raid situations).
    • The subsequent sentence clearly states that they expect players to get along.
    • The third sentence states that GMs and Guides will not negotiate disputes between players and guilds.
    Under the Play Nice Policy section (that a few posters claim doesn't exist), the following is stated under 2. You may not harass others:

Harassment is defined as specifically targeting another player or group of players to harm or inconvenience them. As harassment can take many forms, the Game Master involved will make a determination as to whether or not a "reasonable person" would feel harassed.

In my book, interfering with another player in an unwanted or unwelcome way is causing them an inconvenience. Most people don't want to be KS'd or Griefed (DPS races/wars), and this would be considered an inconvenience that most "reasonable people" would consider harassment.
  6. bardybard Augur

Ok good luck with that, let us know when you get GM/Customer service rep take action on this.

Until then, keep playing LawyerQuest my dude
    SoandsoForumUser likes this.