SCS-Enchanter-tinker questions

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by runecrow, Aug 31, 2017.

1. runecrow Elder

Hey guys, does anyone know if the trio of ambushing thieves that spawn along the SCS tasks always con dark blue no matter your level? I tried this once with a 78 Wiz and they conned dark blue, so I teleported away without going any further into the line of tasks.So this year I was running a 17 Enc and same, conned dark blue. But I got up to level 20 and wondered if I tried this, would they still con dark blue, or can they con lower? What I'm somewhat asking is if anyone knows if they will con according to the level of the tasks (15 in this case) or if they con relative to the level of the PC at the time?

Also for anyone who knows the Enchanter class, when I charm, do I have to wait for the charm to wear off before I recast, or can I recharm before then in order to not have to deal with the moment between charms? I was thinking of charming a hill giant to fight the ambushing thieves, but he cons red and I don't want to have to suddenly have to deal with him in between charms.

Finally, my PC is gnome and this is my first experience with tinkering. Though it seems to function like everything else, I notice it has a hot key; but what does a hot key do for a skill like tinker which seems to be like tailoring, just combines in a kit?

Thanks in advance.
  2. runecrow Elder

Oh I almost forgot, about the SCS does anyone know how what con the dragon will spawn as? I'm not sure if I can even finish the tasks given the end part with the dragon. Is it a red con? Does it vary? Can an 20 Enc with pet and fighter merc have a chance in this fight? I would've just edited the above, but my browser doesn't work right when I try to edit a post.
  3. Scorrpio Augur

That quest appears to be tuned to quest runner level. Zam, however, shows it comes in 10 level invrements (15, 25, 35 etc). So it is possible that at lvl 20 you will still be getting lvl 15 version and it may be easier.
    For final encounter, zam recommends a full group.

You can only re-charm after charm breaks. Also have you tried charming stuff before? I remember from old days charming anything above your level only was possible with lvl 64 Command of Druzzil. And in general charms before total domination AA were so unreliable they hardly were worth the effort. Try practicing your charms someplace safe, near a zone line.

With tinkering, I suspect it is just the way class/race skills are done in EQ. Have you tried clicking the hotkey?
  4. runecrow Elder

Yeah I checked out Zam prior to posting, and it really says nothing at all about the details, so I last-ditch effort posted here just in case someone knew a little more.

I have used charm prior to the post; I actually used it on one of the ambushing thieves, to fight another of them, while merc and PC took on the remaining one. The charm itself worked well; it wasn't resisted any of the times I used it, lasted maybe 5 minutes? Then I'd have to recharm. But the plan just didn't work, as soon as one ambushing thief is killed another fresh one spawns and I'd end up having to gate away. Also got attacked during the fight by a red con griffon add as well. So, very difficult task. But I haven't tried to charm anything above my level - I'll try it by a zone line like you suggest.

I did hit the tinker hot button and it has a timer of about 30sec? But it does nothing as far as I can tell but I thought surely there's a reason it exists.