Scary Thought

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Vyrul, May 26, 2015.

1. Vyrul New Member

Is anyone else terrified by the fact that when many people hoped would be the great wow slaughterer eq Next is being run by a company that cant manage the demands of correctly operating a game that has been around for 16 friggin years. Why is it that every company that has been in possession of this game has structured their entire development process around the " we'll tell you what you need" mentality and then replies we dont know what went wrong when it goes belly up. The community from the moment Ragefire was a thought told you what to do and tried to hold your hands all the way. Instead they got slapped away until it blew up in your faces and then you implemented it 20/20 hindsight. Perfect examples being the queue system that was sworn to not be happening and the second server that was not an option. Now you sit in a boat full of angry subscribers who may very well quit all together before you get your act together.

Just a thought maybe consider the options this heavily devouted community of individuals with a passion for this game toss your way rather than thinking "we got this"
    Ferry-Tunare likes this.
  2. Diemond Augur

I've already accepted that EQNext will never see the light of day. And if it somehow does, bonus.
  3. Vyrul New Member

Just name it Vanguard 2 now and get it out of the way
  4. Zesta Journeyman

that's the frustrating part, Daybreak decided not to listen to the people who been at this ball room dance before, most 2 times but nope we're better then you and we know what we're doing when in fact you had no idea, yes I know some of you guys are from SOE and stayed with Daybreak after the purchased and that in itself makes me even more upset because you too been at this ball room dance and should've known better
    Ferry-Tunare likes this.
  5. Tachya Elder

I already lost most hope for EQ Next. I don't even know what's going on with Landmark anymore or when it will get out of closed beta, and that has to come before Next. I know we're way behind the original schedule. Maybe if Landmark ever releases there will be a glimmer of hope for Next, but make no mistake, Next isn't going to be anything like EQ1. It will be a new, modern MMO that's loosely set in the EQ universe. Things like the pacing of gameplay will be completely different.
  6. Healiez Augur

Look at a few of the things about this server though...

DBG designed ragefire to hold MORE people then fippy and vulak combined. Why make two servers when you designed one to hold the numbers of the last two prog servers.
    When there was an issue with the AFKer's they fixed it within hours.
    When there was a queue problem they fixed it overnight.
    They now realize that the server was WAY more popular then they thought it was and are opening a second one.

Also EQ next is going through an extensive beta and has been in the works for way longer than the prog server. The prog server was pushed out incredibly fast with minimal testing...
  7. Diemond Augur

EQNext isn't in beta, that's EQ Landmark and it sucks balls.