Sarith Tomb, the Vault, event 2

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by fortuneteller, Jul 22, 2018.

1. fortuneteller Augur

At the beginning it did need some tuning down, and first few were ok.

But now, I have a request, please stop lowering the difficulty, it really should not become easier.
    Maedhros and DaciksBB like this.
  2. DaciksBB Augur

At this point all they have to do is have the chest spawn as soon as 24 people enter the raid area
  3. Deillusional Augur

its a complete joke now
    Reynen likes this.
  4. Lianeb Augur

5. Metanis Bad Company

Just did it last night for the first time in weeks. While it feels much easier I didn't think it was trivialized at all. I doubt we will put it on the farm rotation but it's not too bad now to go back periodically to flag new recruits. I'd say just leave it be for now.
  6. Ibudin Augur

I was embarrassed at how easy this event was made. This is coming from a raider that struggled 100's of deaths for weeks on end to beat it. It litterally took 1/2 the time to do this week versus last week after the patch.
    Reynen likes this.
  7. Cadira Augur

Don't you guys worry, as soon as the guilds beat this event they'll be complaining the next event following it is way too hard.
  8. Monkman Augur

It’s events like these that make me wish we had pre/post nerf versions of the loot tables.
    Maedhros and Sokki like this.
  9. Karhar Dream Crusher

Considering coming from a guild that beat it tuesday before the latest nerf, the third event is easy compared to t2.2.
  10. Lianeb Augur

They could fix drusella’s pathing On event 3

Let me go this way that this way thaaaat way this way that way thiiis way thaaaaat way warp. All while standing next to her.

It’s only been complained about since it was open to guilds
    Maedhros, Metanis, Allayna and 2 others like this.
  11. Axxius Augur

Well, she's blind :cool:

In the 2nd event she "can't see you but can sense you". Then I guess we beat her senseless and she can neither see nor sense where she's going anymore :oops:
  12. kizant Augur

Drusella's pathing in T2.3 is fine. Some people clearly haven't spent enough time exploiting pathing bugs over the years.
  13. Axxius Augur

Her pathing is definitely not fine. She is unable to get around the structure in the middle of the room. Going to the opposite side of the room when you get the emote that she's chasing you is completely natural, you can't possibly call that an exploit.
  14. svann Augur

Sathir not Sarith
    Maedhros likes this.
  15. kizant Augur

I'm not calling it an exploit. I'm just pointing out that EQ pathing has always been bad and getting Drusella to follow is easy if you've spent enough time exploiting the pathing in the past. Like any good player has! (not me though of course)
  16. Axxius Augur

Getting Drusella to follow you?? o_O I think we are talking about different issues here, probably because of different strats.

Currently, her bugged pathing neutralizes one of the intended challenges in this event. Not getting run over by Drusella is trivial since she can't get to you in most locations. If/when they fix her pathing, the event will become more difficult (and then we'll probably see people crying about it, followed by a nerf).
    Cadira likes this.
  17. kizant Augur

It could be a different strat issue but I would hope most people are able to run away from her and not get themselves killed. The problem we seem to have is some people will run too far away too quickly or cross the middle or do something else dumb which makes her run away from the person and into the raid. So, I look at it as keeping Drusella away from the raid more than running away from her. Which it's much more reliable if you stick close and slowly lead her where you want.
  18. Ibudin Augur

Exactly, she yo-yo's a little but that part of the event I've fouind to be super fricken easy. You need to get up close to her, and she'll follow just fine and then stop and you can run back to doing your thing on the event.
  19. Lianeb Augur

We can argue this all day. The fact that you even say this means its not working properly
    When the emote is Drusella Sathir peers at Soandso and prepares to give chase!
    She isn't chasing anyone, and why would i need to be close to someone chasing me with a 40ft pink aura.
    You have misunderstood me. I never said it was hard, I said it needed fixed, which it does, but we have been killing it for 7 months in it's current state it might freek me out if fixed.
    Reynen likes this.
  20. Ibudin Augur

Wasn't talking to you Lianeb, but now that you had a response to it, I'll say we have differing opionions on working as intended, and the way things are working as intended in the world of EQ. Dont move to her when she calls your name out, and she will chase you right into the pile of your guild mates - so in that case she does chase (find) you..