Same person in guild has lockout bugs often

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by kthehammy, May 19, 2017.

1. kthehammy Elder

We have a specific person in a guild and almost every week he is somehow bugged on his lock outs. We are 100% sure he is not attending any other instances during the week, yet it will say he is locked out for certain bosses. What appears to happen is some of his lock out timers in his expedition window do not get reset.

He has petitioned, and they have closed his ticket saying there is nothing they can do.
    This is unacceptable. He cannot join raids by no fault of his own, and DGB is not trying to fix his problem. If a dev or someone could respond and maybe we can get this worked out I would really appreciate it.

For his ticket to simple be closed with no help really makes me upset.
  2. Claan Elder

Not the exact same problem but this may help. Have them check their computer clock. I had screwy refresh rates on disciplines a long time ago and noticed my computers clock was way off. Syncing it to internet time fixed that right away. Setting it to sync once a week has prevented it from ever happening again.
  3. kthehammy Elder

Thanks for the reply. His PC clock is correct. Doesn't seem to be the issue
  4. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Does he often drop the DZ for some reason and then return later? Maybe swapping to an alt for loot, or takes a break mid-instance and then is added back later? This has been the case for every bugged extra lockout I've seen occur on Phinny. And I've seen a LOT of them occur.
  5. kthehammy Elder

Hmm yes, i can think of at least two times he would have switched to his alt to come get the elemental god flag. The two times i can think of are fire and water which are two zones hes had issues with lockouts.
    Do you have any other info you could share about this? Have you found any work around or fix?
  6. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

If possible, don't remove your main from an AoC instance and add them back later, ever. With AoC instances, if you swap to an alt and add them to the same DZ as you main, the alt will immediately have a double replay timer ~13 days + also sometimes extra replay timers for certain lockouts. If you then swap back to the main and rejoin the DZ, your main will have an extended lockout as well. Thankfully this does not seem to be an issue with non-AoC instances like PoTime + LDoN raids. Of course LDoN raids generally lock before any loot drops, so you can't drop/add alts for that purpose anyway unless you do it before you see what dropped.

If your DZ is full of mains and someone wants to swap to an alt for a flag or to loot an item, warn them they will be bugging their main's lockout for an extra week if they drop the DZ and get added back again.

There was some vague text in the recent patch about fixing an issue related to extended Replay Timers, but I'm not sure if it fixed this issue or not.
  7. kthehammy Elder

We rarely have a full dz. if they join on an alt but never leave the DZ on the main does that still cause an issue?

In this person's case they only have 1 account and the alt is on the same account.
  8. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

As long as you wait until the end of the clear and there's no more lockouts to be created, I've never had an issue doing this. If you swap characters and the raid continues to add new lockouts by killing more bosses, it does sometimes bug your main's lockout. So kill your flag mobs Fennin etc. last and add alts once it's all finished.

To be as safe as possible when getting alts in to hail elemental essences, you can just clear the entire instance and then have everyone drop the DZ except one person who holds it open. Can be an alt or whatever. Essences never despawn in instances. Then just add alts back to your raid/dz once the raid is over to come get their flags. Just need to be sure not to completely disband your raid since it somehow tracks which raid killed the god, and only allows essence hails from within that raid.
  9. kthehammy Elder

we have been killing them gods 1st as we are still recruiting new people each week, that way they can join as flagged members for the other boss kills.

Thank you so much for the insight. This will be very helpful!