Rupkerr's cursed cure

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by shimmer, Mar 31, 2014.

1. shimmer New Member

Anyone know if Rupkerr's quest 'A cursed cure' is still working in the Feerrott?
    I can not seem to get any adder's eggs to drop.

I know all about the RNG, have had to have patience to get a drop but I have done this quest many times (before heroic characters) and I have never seen anything like this. I've killed adders in various parts of the zone but haven't seen a single egg.

I don't mind waiting out the RNG but don't want to waste my time if eggs aren't dropping.
    Anyone see any eggs recently?
  2. ElectricSheep Journeyman

I just did this on a new alt group I am bringing up Sunday. I followed the info in the comments section of the write up for the quest on the allakhazam page. Just go to everquest.allakhazam.com, search for the quest, and read the whole page. Following that info made it a quick and easy quest complete. If I am remembering correctly it mentions the names of the specific spawns that drop the eggs and where to find easy single pulls of them. The reason it sticks in my head is because I was having trouble with the quest until I read the quest page. Hope it is equally helpful for you.
    moogs likes this.
  3. Tessiebessie New Member

I just finished this quest yesterday. I was killing slithering adders with no egg drops. When I killed a sinuous adder an egg dropped on this first one. So maybe eggs don't drop off the slithering adders anymore.
  4. Ayoheee Augur

They recently decreased the hitpoints and atk on the snakes around the river in conjunction with the heroic revamp, probably neglected to (or deliberately choose not to) put the adder eggs on them in the process. The snakes in the far east part of the zone still drop them.
  5. Icaen Elder

I got both my eggs on sinuous adders after like 4 hours of running around the zone.
  6. shimmer New Member

Thanks for replies:
    I think that is likely right, Ayoheee, about the snakes that drop the eggs being in the eastern part of the zone. The quest diaglog said something about the southeast part of the zone for adders (can't rememeber if that was there before or new).

I've been looking for sinuous adders, which seem to be pretty rare.
    Icaen, was that 4 hours of playing or 4 hours of looking for adder's eggs?

Like I said, I've done this quest multiple times with other characters and, while it took a bit of time for all the parts, didn't seem to this difficult to complete before.
    Hopefully these snakes will start carrying more eggs soon.
  7. llebsirhc New Member

Pretty sure there are only two sinuous adder (placeholder for Sable) up at any given time. They wander around the southeast part of zone. Drop the eggs almost every time (maybe EVERY time). That's the only type of snake I've gotten them from and I've been running several characters through here lately.
  8. skien Journeyman

As others have said, i completed this last night on luclin with my ranger, using track I killed every slithering adder I could find with no drops. Went to East end of the zone right up against the zonewall near and South of the river and a sinuous adder dropped it first time.
  9. Icaen Elder

that was 2-3 hours of looking for eggs not 4 sorry. The sinuous adders dropped almost every time. not every
  10. shimmer New Member

I can confirm they don't drop an egg every time. Was in the southeastern area, particularly looking for sinuous adders. In about 40 mintues I saw 3, none had an egg.
    Frustrating.
  11. shimmer New Member

Finally got my eggs!
    For anyone else looking, the sinuous adders seem to be in the in the south, between the river and the SE lizard camp (at least that's where I found them). I had 2 heroic characters I was running through and it took 5 sinuous adders.
    Funny (to me): Yesterday I brought my baby druid to track, to see if that would help me find them for the heroic character on my other account, a bard. Who knew bard's can track? I learned that tonight, after I found my egg. : )
    I'm figuring out these new characters (bard and wizard) but clearly it's a learning process.
    moogs likes this.
  12. Broozer Augur

A couple of hours and no egg so far on slithering or sinuous. Talk about severely non-productive timesink. I can't imagine this was intended.