rules?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Deathcomestoall, Oct 6, 2023.

1. Deathcomestoall Lorekeeper

So are the rules no longer being enforced on tlps just asking.... It seems like it.
    SnapVine likes this.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Rules in general or a specific one?

Is this post #1245293745153940725648292 about "alleged BOTting" perhaps?

If so then you are wasting your time, whatever is going to be done about it already is & it is often not satisfactory for a large number of players already.

If it is about some other issue you'll need to elaborate.
    Appren likes this.
  3. topple good idea generator

The big question is: is PoP open on your server Death?
  4. Domniatric Augur

They just delete threads that inconveniently bring up such topics.
    SnapVine likes this.
  5. SnapVine Augur

How about rampant warping?
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Same thing I said about BOTting applies to warping.

Moaning on the forums about some slap-head doing nefarious deeds is gonna do diddly & squat, report them & move on.
  7. SnapVine Augur

at least you read it here and reply, and nothing happens to them either way. this is better
  8. Phased Sullon Zek Lorekeeper

They don't have the time, money or resources to enforce their rules unfortunately. You would need to go play on a server like project quarm where a few volunteers doing it in their spare time do enforce the rules.
  9. uberkingkong Augur

If no one reports them nothing happens to them.
    You do it via petition.

Tons of people running around with see everything in the zone cheats too, tougher to get them caught when they do that though.

Cheaters are really good at, defending themselves, countering and within the rules.
    Smooth talkers.
  10. Leifer Augur

I don't believe this for one second. It doesn't take that many resources to apply quality controls to your end product. I do think they have somehow calculated that they will have a smaller bottom line number by NOT applying quality control to their product. It pays more to deliver a generally corrupt product that allows BOTs than to enforce not allowing them. Would make for an interesting economic grad paper - how inferior products produce better bottom lines than superior ones.
  11. eqfanforlife Elder

They have the time money and resources, they just choose to turn a blind eye and worry more about things like making FTE work.
  12. Numiko Augur

Wonder if anyone has ever added them up so see which has the most threads, the "no one enforces the rules" ones or the "I have been unfairly banned!" ones.:rolleyes:
    TacoTruck and Rijacki like this.
  13. SnapVine Augur

I make judgements based on what I see happening around me in the game, not forum threads.
  14. Frags Journeyman

Cheating isn't enforced. Only talking about cheating is enforced.
    Barton likes this.
  15. Xhartor Augur

Remember to use use the compare button in the achievement window, so you can share screenshots of characters with PoK traveler achievement during Veliuos.
  16. Dixa Augur

botting is not the hill you want to die on. trust me.

you can find a very recent youtube series from a well known wow youtuber who went into depth investigating the issue. it is quite enlightening and what was discovered there is not limited to wow. I believe it was metagoblin who did the series.

all you can do is report and move on. if it ruins your day, move on from eq for the day and play something else for a bit. this is why i generally advocate for people to not put all of their eggs in an single mmorpg, especially these older titles that don't have instancing, encourage multiboxing due to their base game designs and what not.
    OldTimeEQ1 likes this.
  17. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

What Dixa said. Don't let this get to you, as it will only lead to frustration.
  18. Deathcomestoall Lorekeeper

ummmm i was not even really talking about botting more about naming poilcy and their rules on harrasment but ok lol. Guessing botting a problem? that seems to be the first thing everyone is jumping to. I tend to play solo and in places low to nobody in the zones. Pretty sure everyone understands the whole botting thing i am sure Devs are tracking it as will no point in beating a dead horse on the subject....
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Unless you say what rules you are talking about people are going to assume you are talking about botting as that is the most common rule violation complained about on the forums.
  20. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

So you got an issue with the naming policy? FFS can you be a bit more coherent?