Rules Clarification?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Moardots, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Moardots Lorekeeper

Just looking for some clarification on the rules. I tried searching around a bit but couldn't find the post. Didn't there used to be a post of the rules for TLP's somewhere? I feel like dispelling charm and training are about the only things they actually ban for (If you report with evidence) but couldn't find the official post about it.

Also what's the official stance on charming mobs to get them away from other players? Example Ghoul Assassin spawns and there's an /sup group about to pull it and a random chanter charms it and runs away with it. Are there any rules being broken there? Is it still against the rules to dispel? Seems like enchanters have a 100% foolproof way to steal any mob they want if that's the case?
  2. Kahna Augur

There is this crazy thing called common sense that DBG likes to apply. If a chanter is charming a named mob and you want to kill it for the loot dispelling and killing it is all part of DPS racing. If a random chanter has a random mob they are using to kill stuff and you run around dispelling it repeatedly to be a jerk you are probably going to get a talking to.

There is a reason why DBG doesn't, and won't ever, lay out hard and fast rules. So that they can maintain the ability to make judgement calls based on the situation. Basically, they can tell who is being a jerk in any given situation pretty easy. Don't be the jerk.
  3. Moardots Lorekeeper

Exactly why I was asking for clarification. It seems like a bit of a grey area.
  4. Kahna Augur

You will never get it. They like it grey. This isn't lawyerquest where you get clarify every rule for every single situation. Apply common sense, don't be a jerk (but you don't have to be a push over either, if some jerk is charming your named mob stand up for yourself and DPS it down.)