royal access

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Xirtket, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Xirtket Augur

This has bugged twice now, the steps leading to it bugging both times for me are:

Speak to Rozz T`Ver just outside the palace barracks
    Obtain attack plans Dreadguard captains
    Report back to Rozz T`Ver just outside the palace barracks
    Pick the lock on the queen's bedchamber door
    Find the queen's escape plan hidden within her bedchamber

This is where it bugs, there's no key in the chest, both times the chest has been empty, no key, no key in her room anywhere either.
  2. gcubed Augur

Aren't the key (for open with key) and lockpick kit (for pick lock) found on the guards and not in a chest?
  3. Ellyra Augur

Sorry this is happening Xirtket. Can you interact with the chest every time? Do you attempt to loot it and the loot window is empty?
  4. Xirtket Augur

The lockpick was on the guard, and poofs as soon as you open her door.

The quest says at the bottom: you found a key that belongs to a hidden door within the parlor. Once you've killed the guards search for the hidden door..

I've done this 3 times so far, 1 in a group, 2 times with me and bots, I've cleared the guards in the parlor 2 times now and no key dropped from any of them.
  5. Xirtket Augur

I can loot the chest after I /open it, and there's no loot in it. So yes, the loot window is empty, I'm in the task now.
  6. roguerunner Augur

Yeah the key for the last step is SUPPOSED to come from the chest, and you even get a confirmation emote when you open it. However, no such key gets auto-inventoried, nor is it lootable on the chest. I suspect however, that the painting or bookshelf alternatives will work, in addition to it being the alternative to opening the secret door in the parlor.

Until they fix it, I suggest keep running it until you get no chest or the other escape plan.
  7. Symbius Augur

Even if you get the painting click to get the key, the next step to uncover the secret door the Bookshelf doesn't always vanish revealing the secret door.

If that happens you've done the whole HA and then can't finish it because there is no way to get around the bookshelf to click the secret door with the key.

This whole HA is insanely buggy at the moment.
  8. Ellyra Augur

We're having a bit of difficulty reproducing the "non-disappearing" bookshelf bug, so details would be greatly appreciated (such as, which specific elements were active before the bugged element).
  9. Xirtket Augur

All of the steps I listed in my initial post will also lead to the bookshelf at the end not disappearing as well as no key in the chest.
  10. Reht The Dude abides...

Have had it bug out on me twice out of four attempts on the last phase after clicking on the bookcase.

Disarm the Dreadguard
    Pick the lock on the queen's bedchamber door

Disarm the Dreadguard
    Find and use the key to the queen's bedchamber

The Key was in the chest on both last steps of the adventures that failed. However on my successful attempts, the key was also in the chest once and in the painting in another. In both of the successful attempts the key went to an open top level inventory slot, not sure on the failures.
  11. Symbius Augur

It's pretty random, which I am sure makes your job in finding it even worse.

I have only had it bug one time out of three with the bookshelf not vanishing, but have had plenty of other people say it has done the same thing.

We cleared the parlor and then ran up to it and clicked. I saw the yellow text, but the bookshelf remained. There really is nothing more that was done in there when it happened.
  12. Ellyra Augur

Thanks for all the detailed feedback! Thanks to your info, we were able to track down the bugs that were causing these issues, and have put in a fix. I don't know for certain when the fix will make it to Live, but it will be hotfixed at some point (meaning it will be pushed live before the next scheduled patch). We'll let you know when we have more details.

Thanks again, and sorry for the troubles!
  13. Xirtket Augur

Thank you for the speedy replies and the speedy fixes! :)
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  14. roguerunner Augur

If the bookshelf doesn't disappear you can still kinda reach the door with shrink from the side
  15. Ellyra Augur

The hotfix went through, and this should be working on Live (assuming you grabbed your instance after the fix). If you run into any more issues with this Heroic Adventure, please reply here or shoot me a PM. Happy hunting!
    Xirtket likes this.
  16. Feradach Augur

Oye. I experienced the non-disappearing bookshelf thing myself. Submitted a bug report for it as well as a petition asking if I could get the Marks awarded since I had obviously completed the HA but couldn't finish it because of the bug. The response I got from a GM was that he had seen others complete this step in the game, so I must have done something wrong. Very frustrating.

Thanks for getting on this though Ellyra. I'm sure it has already saved many other players some grief and frustration.
  17. Xirtket Augur

Nice, Thank you
  18. Gragas Augur

Ellyra needs to be put on the UCS, maybe it would get fixed then?
    Fenthen likes this.
  19. Citraka New Member

heh i should come here more often, wasted my time twice on this quest, no key from the chest, it always worked if it was in the bookcase , Fera, i too petitioned regarding the non working quest, and got the ' move along nothing wrong here' reply from my ticket.

If by some miracle you get your marks refunded i want mine x2 :) I'm holding my breath. ;p

Citraka.
  20. Reldar New Member

as of last night i can confirm that this is not fixed. got to the open and loot chest and nothing no key to loot and nothing in inventory.although the task updated as though you got it like in the painting or bookshelf step, it was not auto inventoried either. would propose making it auto loot like in the other random possibilities at this step. also had 2 GM types tell me so sorry keep playing and try again. thanks for that even thought i went threw the entire event with the decreased XP til the end and killed all but 6 guards in the hopes of a random drop...nope still fubar.