ROS worth buying if not done with EOK progression?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Obiwon, Dec 11, 2017.

1. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Only the Heroic adventures are instanced. The zones them selves are free range with lewts!

As we are on the verge of RoS launch, like t-minus 3 ish hours. I will reiterate the fact that w/o biying Ring if Scale you will not gain anything. If you buy it, you gain 5 more levels, 5k plus more Alternate Advancement points, more Merc AA’s, more powerful spells even if only rk1, more type 3 augs for more power.

With more power comes more responsibility, err wait.

More power means older content becomes easier, at lvl 110 the T1 EoK zones begin to turn light blue, the yellow con Named are now Dark blue con. Thus making it easier to gain advancement in that expansion.
    22wplkj likes this.
  2. Gnomeland Augur

Do heroic adventures not scale to 110, once you are 110? This is a perfectly valid reason to not level to 110, unless you are prepared to enter Ring of Scale. The expansion doesn't offer much for lower level players, yet hitting the maximum level, does not actually make heroic adventures easier, but harder, since all level scale assume equipment upgrade. It is a problem for those who do heroic adventures as their primary form of advancement. It will, however, make missions easier.
    22wplkj likes this.
  3. 22wplkj Lorekeeper

That is was my concern Gnomeland. There were certain levels in CoTF that the HA's were tuned so hard I didn't find them enjoyable. After leveling up and buying new gear and getting auto-grant aa I could go back and have fun in there with my box team again.

Leveling to 110 might make TBM and CoTF unplayable for me again and I have unfinished business in those expansions.
  4. Cleaver Augur

No i believe they scale down not up. The COTF ones you can do at 85 in theory. They do not scale up however in my experience doing them.
  5. svann Augur

If you dont buy it you wont qualify for dead hills HA runs where they want 106 or higher only.:rolleyes:
    Kaenneth likes this.
  6. Millianna Augur

It’s not worth buying until EoK is done. The HAs that scale are significantly harder post 105. Complete everything that’s required (besides raid seal) first.
  7. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Do Spell focus AAs work on them?
  8. Tatanka Joe Schmo

From the in game descriptions, it says they do, but I believe the wording is misleading.

There is a new rank 5, and I think you need the 5th rank to keep the 8% bonus on the new spell.

Note, rank 5 is 100 AA ;)
  9. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Today my box team , 108 pal, 106 sham, 106 druid, and their mercs, did a marla glaslow with a 50% exp pot running on my pally I netted 6% total exp for 20 mins of work. They scale to highest lvl still but the exp blows. Then went to old Gribble dorknuts, same team, same buffs, 50% exp pot etc. I ran the three he gives since they are fast. Ritual gave me 8%, clearing gave me 8%, and hills gave me 7%. That is 100% exp toward normal exp, and a 50% pot running.

Went to Korsha labs and was getting around 1% every 2-3 kills. 99% of the mobs are nlue or lb. now at 108. Named are even con. Did that for 20% or so, then went to do Mysteries HA in lab, it scales, all yellow/even con. Still lvl 108, 1% per kill with a 6th anniversary exp pot running 30 min 100%. Not the best in the world but I plan to test a few more spots, I can sit and grind but I have quite a few toons to get from 105 to 110 so I am on the hunt for good exp in older stuff. I know Hollowingstones is good, OT has horrird cactus dots! Skyfire is cool, might try undead there!

Either way, again you can get 110 w/o buying RoS..
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Do those accounts have RoS? Last I heard levels 106-110 required RoS in order to earn them.
    Tatanka likes this.
  11. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Guess I am not understanding your question. My accounts all have RoS, hense their levels being as such. Along with the mention of RoS zones and mobs.

I was only stating facts from today/last night. I personally would rather box in older “easier” zones as reward vs risk. The RoS zones mobs do hit harder, have more hp, and also have crazy dots/dd’s etc.
  12. Tatanka Joe Schmo

The confusion is in the last sentence of your post. CAN you level to 110 without buying RoS? We understand you can do the leveling in zones not in RoS, but I don't think levels above 105 are unlocked unless you buy RoS:

https://www.everquest.com/expansion-content

See near the bottom. Buying RoS unlocks levels up to 110
  13. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Ahh, gotcha. Yeah that would be iPhone moble app typing... I shall edit it... maybe
  14. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Those extra levels are about the only "real" selling point.
    Sadly, also the only one that counts...
    *sigh*
  15. Zhaunil_AB Augur

You're talking about HAs ("heroic advendtures"), not the whole expansion there.
    Even in CotF you have non-scaling instances that you absolutely can "outlevel".
    In EoK, that is (i think) a total of 5HAs - 2 in Chardok, 1 in Droga, 2 in Labs.
    None of which are part of any partisan but they're "only" mercenary tasks.
    And even though the mobs will scale up level-wise, they don't mysteriously power up their other abilities.
    So even if you struggled in - for a well-known example - CotF Gribble's at the time, you can breeze through with EoK gear and AAs, despite the mobs having gained in levels as well.

You are right though:
    Moving there "prematurely", before your character has the basic AAs for his class and level might prove disadvantageous.

Tough decision.
    Yes levels help a lot - even in Lceanium you have white and yellow mobs to level105.
    Even the Rk1 spells will help you a lot in EoK, as for example CLR group heal does like 95k compared to 75k or so with the EoK Rk2 counterpart. RoS Paci should be working on more EoK mobs too, making some difficult pulls a cakewalk and so on.
    So yes, levels help.
    But you "pay" for it by (at least felt/relatively) less XP per mob.
    If the additional pull-/killspeed or safety makes up for that for you is the tough decision i mentioned above.