RoS - what time on December 12?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by TheStugots, Nov 30, 2017.

1. TheStugots Augur

What time should we expect RoS to go live?
  2. Thrillho Augur

Top of the hour, hopefully. Possibly quarter after if we're unlucky.
  3. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Judging by past years, it will be the afternoon (CST) by the time servers come up.
  4. ptah Augur

Thought I read somewhere on these boards say Dec12 would be the earliest and reserve the right no later that Jan18 or something. Saw the post and trying to based this off recall. Am I mistaken ? On not a hard date.
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I don't remember the date ever not being the original stated date. I'm sure they have legal boilerplate to CYA, but it will most likely be the date specified (12-12), and likely early afternoon (CST).

Just a guess though. Maybe we should start a pool? ;)
  6. TheStugots Augur

"**The Ring of Scale expansion for EverQuest is scheduled for release on December 12, 2017. In the event of delay, you will receive the Ring of Scale expansion and items no later than January 31, 2018."

So, yeah, hard planned date, but they have to legally cover their . Hence the statement you're referring to.
  7. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

They always reserve the right to release it later. This is to avoid all the armchair lawyers and complaints. Of course, it won't avoid it but it's always good to have disclaimers if you are running a business.

I'm 99% sure it will be pushed out the door on December 12. As long as most of the initial zones actually enable you to zone in, I expect any other issues to be fixed over the coming days and months. There will be things that don't work. The Devs can't work more than 24/7 on this, so some stuff will have to be fixed later.

Late morning / Early afternoon Pacific Time is my guess. Also, don't be surprised if the servers go down for patches. I would almost bet real money that with the launch on Tuesday that there will almost certainly be a patch (requiring down servers) on Thursday or Friday, if not sooner.

I would not plan on anything (raiding, etc.) on Tuesday. Just relax and see if you can explore Ring of Scale. The zones will be packed, although pick zone should help.

This is normal and not worth people getting upset about. EQ has a pretty good uptime. Really, the biggest issue right now is the server lagging, which they are working on.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  8. Zhaunil_AB Augur

When - at what time it will be released?
    Probably after a planned 8hour downtime that starts at 05:00pacific and will take 10.
    Followed by a 2-3hr uptime before something crashes and we'll see them investigate "a potential issue".
    Realisitically, i would not expect to actually play until 36hrs AFTER the initially announced releasetime.

lol... imagine a monkey-dev working 24/7...
    No, they of course aren't "working 24/7 on it" - and it would be too much to expect so.
    It'd not be too much to expect them to adhere to a timetable though, but we can count on delays.
    And yeah, we can count on some progression thing being "broken" so people cannot progress beyond a certain point again (buying time for "fixes" behind the scenes). "Tuning" during progression, events being made harder as time goes on... the usual...

My prediction: We will have at least 3 longer-duration server-downtimes with new files to patch before the weekend even starts. And numerous zone/instance/"server" crashes in between due to chat-lag related issues. Oh, and let's not forget more mass disconnects.
    Personally, i don't plan to be able to do much in the first two weeks - any progress will most likely be subject to rollbacks.

Agreed, but i do not see that it became better than it was in the first half of the year.
    They only have allowed the situation to deteriorate so much in September/October that it "feels" better, compared to that. But the situation is still there, and impacting raiding.
    I am not at all as positive as you seem to be :/

But hey, i can always be positively surprised at least (not that i count on that though).
    :)
  9. Nolrog Augur

They are planing on releasing it on December 12th. Sometimes, things happen though so they left themselves wiggle room in case they had to delay. Expect the 12th.