ROS Tradskill quest

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tamaden, Dec 17, 2017.

1. Tucoh Augur

I'm not looking to pick a fight but anyone who cares about their character and has been playing for a while has 300+ crafting from the Artisan's Prize aug and shawl. Almost all the stuff for Crestra comes from doing the progression quests and combining it is pretty easy.

The earring is basically a tradeskill freebie, and will be usable all the way into the next expansion. But it's not so good that someone who doesn't get it should feel left out. Complaining about it being not good enough or being forced to get it isn't really justified.
    Yinla, Brohg, adetia and 3 others like this.
  2. Tamaden Elder

Guys let's not get carried away here. After all the EM research, there was much good done in ways of getting EM 24 for raiding alts from Flawless Conflagrant Diamonds. Ngreth is a good guy here, thanks for sub T2 raid TS gear. I will try to join raid guild to get EM 24 for pet class alts. LOVE IT.
  3. HeatherPurrs Augur

Both of you touched on this but didn't hit the nail on the head. Lately, especially with the release of RoS. Nothing is right about my game character. I'm constantly having to fix the character from making sure he eats "trash food" so he he doesn't eat stat foot, being invis, IVU, shrink, levi, to gear, to AA. The game has gotten to the point that no matter what I do, all my time is spent fixing the toon for some other reason than fun, from leveling, to AA's, to progression. to gear and not just being able to be a Monk.

I'm just tired of the fact that my toon is constantly "not good enough" for EQ and I'm forced to do x, y, or z to fix the toon rather than just doing whatever it is I want to for fun.

It's gotten to the point that I can't play with friends because they have to do y and I have to do x because I'm not fixed enough to do y yet or visa versa.

Do you not see this? Do you not understand that the requirements to be minimally functional within the game have gotten so micromanaged by DB that DB is literally deciding how people play and what they do when they log on?
  4. Tamaden Elder

Not only this quote but whole post is true statement of actual EQ player.
    What grouping, what having fun? I still need this, this and this done first.
    You want to do it together? But that item takes 14 hours you on your own.....and that named takes 3 days to spawn.

And they way Beta tested is funny, let's take top of the line geared people with years of gathering clickies, items, done all progression max all AAs including Special tab, max Vet AAs and give them best armor possible in upcoming x-pac to test game. And that how they keeping game group friendly. Now picture new guy trying to kill T1 Named, that raiders don't need or want any gear from mind you
  5. Cicelee Augur

Sounds like someone needs a new hobby and should retire and find happiness elsewhere.
  6. Jumbur Improved Familiar

The whole forcefeeding mechanic was never intended in the first place, and is ruining the /baz market for stat-food, I expect it will get removed "someday".
  7. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Please do not make sweeping statements about every single player. You are not all of us, and NOT all of us BOX, or play caster classes. I do have a HEROIC Enchanter on my 1 account, but she lives on Dogle Pitt Platform enchanting stuff for me. Otherwise, I have no pure caster class at all.

Some of us LIKE tradeskilling, are still playing our main character from 15+ years ago, And enjoy the additional TS quests along the way.
    Jumbur likes this.
  8. Tamaden Elder

Elyssanda i wasn't talking about bad Bards that wear Echo of Anger mask and complain on dying in raids to much.....you are an exception.

Magelo FTW
    And if you think that's mean, it is not. Just trying to help out straggling player right his wrongs. Instead of taking things literally. Like ALL have pet class alt .
    To me 90% IS all.
  9. Brohg Augur

lol, she doesn't die to agro, you weirdo
  10. Brohg Augur

This is all hogwash.

There's no requirement for levitation, that's nonsense. Hell, I click off 99% of levs that are cast on me.
    There's no requirement for invis unless you're going through somewhere dangerous - same as has been for 18 years.
    There's no requirement for IVU unless you're going through an area with dangerous "U" - same as has been for 18 years.
    There's no requirement to avoid eating stat foods. If that stresses you - fuggit, g'head eat them and just get more.

A year of content just released. Expecting to not worry about upgrading gear & AA is ... well, it's all about your mindset, not the developers. If you want to be on top of the game, then you were working hard on advancement at the release of every expansion, and approximately continuously throughout the year too.

"just be a monk" I don't even know what that means. Flop in Lower Guk's Raster Room for 3 weeks straight?
  11. feeltheburn Augur

dont even encourage this momo to talk back Bro, consider the source and true lack of anything resembling sense coming from them. Nothing more then a troll, who also thinks they are the only one in EQ who can speak for the masses and know more then most. Cicelee said it best just omg retire and find enjoyment elsewhere, and take the whine and cheese show elsewhere.
    Thrillho and IblisTheMage like this.
  12. Horkak New Member

Well if they are complaining about Force feeding to not use the good stat foods, they could always make the stat foods be a buff that lasts X hours, like in some other games that just hand you stuff without trying that hard. and for RoS they made the Tradeskill gear better then T1, not as good as T2 so great for FTP chars, and did you notice the Tradeskill raid gear is NON PRESTIGE(even tho low chance of getting full set for a ftp alt)
  13. Tatanka Joe Schmo

And then they could make the mats which are components for said stat food drop more. Drop rates for Merchant's food/drink is abysmal.
  14. Ratbo Peep Augur

THIS!
  15. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

While most people don't "enjoy" tradeskills, as Ngreth and others have said, this quest line isn't that difficult compared to others. I haven't done much 300+ TS's for artisan aug cause I'm not a huge fan of TS's, but I'll slowly chip away at the Ear quest and finish it, even if I have to lvl Research.
  16. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

I suggest you get all the subcombines done and then just get JC to 340+, before the stuff gets made no drop.