RoS full storyline available for non-raid

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Baeltor, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Baeltor New Member

I hope that the full story will be available to casual/ group only players. It was in TBM, TDS, and CoTF. But not for EoK apparantly. Unless I am missing something, the only mention of Talendor is in raids and Gorenaire is just mentioned in quests. If not for reading the raid info, I'd not have known the Ring's over all involvement. Which is a shame as I truly enjoyed the full story experience from previous exapnsions.
  2. Ngreth Thergn Developer

EoK had missions based on the "end" raid for each raid zone. So while it was not 100% of the story, it should be enough to get the trend. RoS is working similarly.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. Axxius Augur

Omitting the death of Gorenaire from the EoK group mission was a mistake IMO. She was an important figure, and the group lore does not include the ending on that story.
  4. Brohg Augur

I think it appropriate that the progression-capping encounters be raid format. Like the group mission in Droga probably should have stopped at the High Priest, with Incarnate only battled in raid. Chardok at the Ancient Guardian. I think it would have been a little better to have split the Lcea/Droga raids, too. Make a raid version of the group mission, and a separate follow-on in the instance for the boss. Don't need to multiply loot, just split the chest like phase1 currency & spells, phase2(boss) the armor & items
  5. Absor Developer

The Gorenaire thing was sort of an experiment. The raid itself would have been a nightmare to modify for 6 people, and I wanted to see what it would be like to treat the mission as a lead up to the raid rather than just a copy of it. And, well, it's not like you didn't know she had been killed... :p

This time all the story line stuff has a mission for the final raid. We may even manage one for the side story raids.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Yinla like this.
  6. Bigstomp Augur

You should back port this idea to Argath. I want to see an entire raid trying to ride an air ship.