Rogue Suggestions. Rogues feel free to weigh in.

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Gloomfall, Feb 3, 2014.

1. Riou EQResource

Casters have more power in the group game and are easier to play and box :p. I'm not surprised at those numbers though.
  2. Soulstealler New Member

Make a ranger. Much much much more utility. And with the new melee burns they have , they can put out some very high dps over very long sustained fights. I'm talking 100kish for well over 5 mins. By that time we have fallen off and are just piddling at the mob.

I see it now, 1 shaman, 1 druid, 1 cleric 1 enchanter to MGB buffs, and 50 rangers in a massive weapon shield rotation. Easy button found.
  3. Zunar Augur

There's a gap between survivability for non tank classes vs tanks that I think has grown wider and wider for every expansion past few years and is likely to continue doing so.
    Our 3 tank classes only continue to get more mitigation utility upgrades (as they should), while dps classes don't get anything solid to catch up with them.

Then the game is tuned around these tanks on steroids to take the damage, who handle it easily...even 5-10 mobs at a time when using said utility.

The melee/hybrid dps classes are more or less required to group with a tank these days, unless extremely well geared/AAd.
    Maybe the devs want it to be this way....I can't say, but one thing is for sure.
    As tanks continue to gain more ground in their role, the soloing game is only going to get worse for the rest who need to melee for their dps.
    Rangers and berserkers seem to be asking for more survivability too.
  4. Songsa Augur

In fact rogues are in the same boat than warriors atm. We can do our job not better most of the time than other dps classes (or other tanks for warriors) the problem is we can't do or bring what other classes can do elsewhere (for rogues = bad tanking, no healing, very limited utility, very bad solo/molo).
    We need a clear advantage in dps like we had in the past to be really wanted in group or in raid over other dps classes with more utility/power in other aspects of the game (rangers, beast, mages, necros, monks etc...)
    Esero likes this.
  5. Brogett Augur

Bizarrely casters are starting to be more survivable than rog too, and I'm not just talking about due to being away from danger. The runes help massively. Of course not all get fast reuse high runes like chanters, but even having enough to partially mitigate one round is often enough to survive that tank death problem.

As for enchanters, well they're simply too powerful now with runes. We used one to tank Judicator recently while the tank was AFK. Worked OK and needed minimal heals too. Imagine doing that for a rog or a berserker? Lol just not going to happen.