Rogue Shroud of Stealth question...

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Tatanka, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I was just looking at Rogue AAs, thinking of leveling one, and I found something confusing.

For Shroud of Stealth, there are two ranks, for level 63 and level 105. The descriptions are identical. So, I was curious what the difference was.

Thanks
  2. Brohg Augur

Once every 10-15 years, rogues learn how to be one step more invisible-er so that mobs that were previously able to see them can't any more. Eventually, new & more powerful mobs figure out how to see their new forms, and the cycle goes back around.
  3. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Ah, OK. Thanks for the clarification.
  4. Belexes ForumQuester

Keep in mind, there are still older zones or instances where mobs can see rogue SoS even at the current highest level of SoS that didn't exist at that time when that zone/instance was end game. I can take my end game rogue into zones that are way old and still run into mobs that can see the highest level of SoS.

If I am in an unfamiliar zone, I still con everything with my SoS2 rogue before I get into aggro range. It is a good habit to have no matter what class you play.
  5. Velisaris_MS Augur

Sorry for bumping an older thread, but this topic is relevant to the info I came looking for.

Is there a list somewhere of mobs/zones where SoS2 doesn't work? I ask because I recently levelled up a rogue specifically to get SoS2 so it would be easier to run around and pick up collectibles. However, I'm finding that it doesn't really seem to work in a lot of older zones, bordering on useless.

For instance, yesterday I was running the Lark heroic adventures in Neriak Fourth Gate to look for shinies, specifically The Toll Road adventure. I was sort of shocked by the number of mobs that saw through SoS2, namely the commanders, the doppleganger mobs, and the named gargolye you have to kill on one step to open up the path.

The doppleganger mobs in particular surprised me (I think they're called "a worthy opponent" or something like that). I could put up SoS2 on my rogue, and stand in direct line of sight of one of them, and if they were facing me, they conned "threatening", and if they had their back to me they were "indifferent." I can understand the con when they're not facing me because of sneak, but I wasn't even getting the "this being can see you" message when I conned them from the front.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this just normal behavior for older stuff? I understand SoS2 was only fairly recently added the game, but the sheer number of older content mobs that see through it is staggering.
  6. Belexes ForumQuester

Sheer number???

There really isn't that many in the older zones. I never worry much about them seeing me. They hit my rogue and die pretty quick. :)

You have illusions right?

There is no list I am aware of.
  7. Bobokin Augur

To mess with rogues, the devs have specifically made mobs that cast spells that break SoS at any level rather than see through it. They see you because they broke your spell that isn't a spell but a skill.