Rogue Main, First or Second Character.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Baulkin, May 2, 2015.

1. Baulkin Augur

I played a Rogue on Live from Kunark until Omens of War. I am planning on making a Rogue my main on TLP and I do not multi-box. (I don't begrudge people who do so but I don't believe in it.) Knowing that Rogue dps is sub-par pre-kunark should I create and level my Rogue first or pick a solo class and max that first before leveling the Rogue? All of my experience playing a Rogue is in the post Kunark Era as far as leveling spots, gear ect. If we start in the Kunark Era or later this will be moot as I will roll a Rogue as my main from the beginning, however if we start in Classic I don't know. Any input other than "Rogue's suck roll a monk!" is welcome. :cool:
  2. liveitup1216 Augur

Play what you want to play first, especially at the start of a server. There will be so many people leveling that it's easy to ride the wave of groups/etc. Making a "farm toon" first to try and level something like a rogue later would only be harder as there will be less people to level with, and the gear will come regardless.
    Irbax_Smoo likes this.
  3. Baulkin Augur

Thanks Live. If we start in Classic I think my path will be something like this...
    1-6 : Outside Kaladim - Focus Bone Chips (quest)
    7-10: Orc Hill - Focus Crushbone Belts
    10-14: Crushbone - Focus Dwarven Ringmail Tunic / Dragoon Dirk / Crushbone Belts
    14-20: NRO Dervs to Oasis Crocs - Focus Dragoon Dirk, Derv Rings for SRO Quest
    20-24: HHP - Gnoll Camp for Polished Granite Tomahawk
    24-30: HHK - Goblin Ear Farming
    30-40: Burning Rapier Quest, then Cazic Thule for Ravenscale Armor Farm
    40-50: Lguk - Focus SBD and Dark Elf Mask
    50-PoHate/Fear/Sky

Does anyone know of the Luclin Era noob armor quests will be in? If so i'll probably need to rethink 1-10.
  4. liveitup1216 Augur

Looks like a sound plan. I myself am debating between SK or rogue. I prefer to play under represented classes, and I'm thinking there will be a fair number of SK's.

I don't think there's been official word on whether or not the newbie armor will be in. It got added a few weeks into the last TLP's, but I'm hoping they don't do it this time. Having access to gear that is equivalent to the classic quest armor (Ivy Etched, Lambent, etc) or even planar armor all by or before level 10 is absurd.

Rocking out some sweet tattered leather or banded armor is part of the deal starting out in original EQ.
  5. Lowstats Lorekeeper

Assuming classic starts first (Oh god I hope it does..) I will be maining a Rogue. But will start with a Mage.

Assuming the TLP goes like last time, a rogue at the start with nothing but starter gear won't do to well. Whereas a Mage will be amazing. Start up on a Mage. Collect gear / PP as you level on. Once max or when you're comfortable. Buy some good gear for your Rogue and begin the mayhem.

What I did last TLP. Though I do hope Classic is what is going to start out with. If not, I might just skip the Mage process and go straight with my Rogue.
  6. liveitup1216 Augur

A rogue at the start with nothing will be just the same off as any other melee besides monk. Might as well play the class you want straight out of the gate. Everyone's going to be naked and terrible besides monk/casters.

I guess it's just my personal preference to play like the old days and battle it out with leather scraps and fine steel weapons. Makes actually getting geared feel good rather than farming hill giants on a mage to buy your way in later on.
  7. Lokero Elder

I'm pretty much in complete agreement with liveitup. Play the class you actually want to be. Otherwise, you'll hit be hitting 50 on your farm character and be thinking to yourself, "My rogue could have been 35+ by now."

I'd just suggest trying to find a couple folks off the forums or in-game who want to group up and take hits to the face for your rogue. That would save you a ton of frustration trying to level up a rogue.
  8. Nolrog Augur

Rogue is not a bad idea. I might do rogue on the new server. I am still very undecided on what to play, but it seems that my friends will be there, so I will be as well.