Rogue Lockpick/Disarm Traps

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by MightyUnclean, Oct 15, 2015.

1. MightyUnclean Elder

Do rogues still need to skill up Lockpicking and Disarm Traps, or can they do any content in the game with a skill of one? I'm getting conflicting reports.

Thanks!
  2. Brolie Lorekeeper

Still need 201 LP to do some things but there are not many traps ATM. Only trap I can think of is the one in sol b where the ceiling collapses.
  3. lockjaws Augur

Really? Because there's like a dozen in SolA.

You need 201 pick lock to enter the Seb crypt, but that's the only difficult door forever, I believe.
  4. SnapVine Augur

Jaled Dar's tomb used to take 201 or 210 or so, but i think people prefer to just float in or skel the door. :(
  5. Esper Augur

VP also has a locked door. Not sure on skill needed.
  6. Vlorg Augur

Illusion ( aka the DE mask) make picklock kind obsolete... someone in-game can show you how to illusion through a door...

Ssra traps maybe?
  7. Poydras Augur

hey don't forget befallen! also Najena.

Aren't locked doors all over the place in kunark dungeons? I recall at least one in CoM also. And the one by VS in KC.

The real reason you don't hear about them is the trivial ease of getting through locked doors using the illusion trick.
  8. Vlorg Augur

locked doors and important locked door arn't the same however...

per example that locked door by VS serve no purpose (unless you really want those ... 2-3 extra mob as you are killing VS?)
  9. Poydras Augur

Well I remember it because it was kinda important at the time =p

As I recall you were trapped in the room and needed to port or gate, else you were screwed if no one could open the door. Now with origin it doesn't matter so much, though still kinda annoying if origin sends you to qeynos or something.
  10. MightyUnclean Elder

OK, thank you guys.

I hit skill 100 on door 2 in Befallen and I seem to have stopped advancing.

When I opened door 3, I got one message about it being a strange, new lock, and I don't get the success message or any skill points for opening it.

Where can I level 100+ lock picking?? On Lockjaw.

Thanks!
  11. Mabiel New Member

It's just really slow. You can keep using that Befallen door though. Or in Najena there's a few as mentioned, but I think you need 120 or so for some of them. I used the Paineel entrance stone too.

Howling Stones had a locked door or two as well, IIRC. 201 needed there too I think.
  12. MightyUnclean Elder

So I can get to 201+ on Befallen door 2...eventually?
  13. Kumiko_Lockjaw Elder

You can get to 200 on Befallen door (+ lockpick % modifier). Just needs about 4 to 5 hours or so.
    You dont need any picklock or disarm in classic.
    In Kunark you need 200+ for some Sebilis doors.

In Luclin you need max lockpick and max disarm traps. Thats when rogues really start to shine and some raids, like in SSRA temple wont be doable without a rogue. But have better 3 rogues there :)
  14. The Great Pink Ogre Elder

I think the biggest change will be the lack of requirement to have a rogue, I think with the picklock mods in game now there's nothing that a bard can't also open.
  15. Sorttou New Member

The game introduces use for these skills about once every expansion or so at some point.

In GoD it helps to have rogues opening jail cells for one particular encounter, in PoR the second room in the second event in that damn tower is a trap fiesta, DoDh requires rogues to sense traps and so on and so forth.
  16. Gwoben Journeyman

Rogues or bards. With the changes from 4? years ago bard have enough skill to pick all doors and sense/disarm traps.
  17. Foo Chow New Member

Lockpicking is an easy skill to work and might possibly benifit you at a later point, Skilling up at the boulders just inside Permafrost is my favourite spot to skill up until PoK. Add some mechanical lock picks +5% skill to your gear bag as well.