Rogue FTW

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Brosa, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Brosa Augur

Ok I just got my Rogue caught up. Level 95. All offensive AA maxed. My parses are confusing. Im told Frenzied Stabbing is primary disc to use followed by Eradicator's but have found on dummy parses that Eradicator's and Razor's Edge churn out much better dps than Frenzied Stabbing. On a 30 second and 1 minute burn with JUST disc going I've gotten 16k+k on Eradicator's and 14k+ on Razor's while Frenzied Stabbing put out 12+k. Then hitting Rogue's Fury, 3rd spire, pinpoint along with the discs on 30 second parses I got 26k+ on Eradicator's, 26k+ on Razor's, 21+k on Frenzied Stabbing. Looking for results from others on this. I have yet to parse for over 30K on a t4 VoA names.
  2. Caudyr Augur

You can chalk that up to RNG, tbh. To get a real 'accurate' parse of what discs are better with what you'd have to do several hours of parsing with each setup to get rid of the RNG factor from it. I forget the average # of hours people usually do - but I know when I tested it I'd set things up overnight.

That being said...Rogue's Fury has stuff that doesn't stack with Eradicator's...it has a + min/max dmg mod that eradicator's also has (and has a considerably bigger # for). Because of that, even if it gives slightly more dps to use it with eradicators, you're killing the dps on your frenzied as a result...and as such you won't get as good of a burn.

In my burn, I use Frenzied + Third + Rogue's Fury...when RF drops I hit Twisted Chance. Then I hit Eradicator's, then Razor's Edge.

Keep in mind that to hit optimal dps you need to have Unity, Enc haste, ranger buffs, etc for 'normal buffs'. For shorter duration things/auras you need to be grouped with a berserker for their aura, a shaman for their epic clicky...and arguably the biggest boost is going to come from bard songs. Tack on beastlord's Kolos Fury/Ferocity, as well...if you can.

As a result, to reach optimal burst dps we have to rely on a lot of ADPS from other classes...so it's not really that common to reach said burst dps in groups.
  3. Songsa Augur

To optimize your burn dps you need one bard for songs/aura/epic, shaman for epic 2.0, beastlord for kolos fury and berserker for their aura (less important). Missing bard/shm/bst in group your dps will just be average.
  4. shiftie Augur

Kolos fury is TGB so beast doesn't need to be in group.
  5. Songsa Augur

Yea you are right but generally beastlords are in a dps group anyway so need at least 1 bst per dps group.
  6. Shang Augur

If you aren't good, sure.
  7. Songsa Augur

Inside or outside group if you want to maximize your burn dps you need to use RF+TC or FS, use third spire, glyph, rogue epic, pinpoint/mark line, then count on a beastlord a shaman and a bard to help you at least.
  8. Lendrick New Member

You guys are hardcore. Makes me want to play a Rouge now, good DPS I take it....;)
  9. Brosa Augur

Is the time spent on getting this worth it now days. Although my rogue is an alt I like to have the toons I play be very solid. And I'm assuming your speaking of epic 1.5?